1997 Pontiac Grand prix gtp. p0300 Random Miss fire, Help? Video inside!

Addicted to eaton

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/Anthonykw/?action=view&current=GTPmessupvideo.flv

ok car had thrown code p0301 misfire cylinder one. I fixed that with a plug wire and it stopped cutting out.

Now its started it again but WAY WORSE! idle is a bit off, and jumpy, I am going to guess vacume leak. and anything over like 3,000 rpm it runs like ass, studdering as seen in the video. I have scanned it and got p0300, clear it and it comes back, Also got p0171 (front side bank lean) it has not came back though.

Anyone have anyideas?

re-check all yer connections in the front. All fuel injector clips, all plug wire connections. Also....the injectors themselves might be shot.

Also, how old are the plugs that are in there? What kind are they? and what did you gap them at?

The lean code sounds like an intake leak. It's sucking in air though a leak in the intake gasket, leaning out the mixture and causing it to misfire. L67's aren't known for doing this. I see it a lot on LQ1's and 5.3/V8 trucks all the time doing this however. Try this, spray some carb or throttle body cleaner all around the upper and lower intake gasket surfaces and in the injector bungholes with the car running. If it idles up when you spray, that'll confirm a leak.

on the wasted spark set-up like those have, if one wire on a coil goes bad it can take out the coil. it is always safe to do both wires and the coil to be safe.