98 intrigue. No Start. Need help

jimmyfloyd

Plug wires alright? Have you pulled that plug yet to see if it is soaked in fuel, or if the plug is still alright?

How is the car running? Maybe a bad injector?

what did you determine the miss fire with? scanner? in most of my posts you'll see that i am a firm believer in start with the BASICS! without a good tune up diagnostics can be tough sometimes.

Tune up was done. Brand new spark plugs and wire are on it. New LIM, UIM and TB gaskets as well. Oil change completed.

I have not pulled the plug yet, that was my next course of action (got too busy this weekend playing with the blazer that I didn't get to it.)

I do have a spare injector that i can swap in, as well as a new fuel rail, as I think the regulator might be leaking a little.

Will have to see once it gets nice again. Raining today.

idk, but did you check the voltage on the battery before you started the car, and then again when startin? kinda sounds like you are not gettin enough juice....

i would do a compression test on cylinder 6 because if you have switched coils and you are getting spark at the wire then you either have a plug problem or an internal problem

yeah, the plug will be pulled, and the injector will be swapped when the weather gets nice again (some snow on the ground this morning :mad:)

Hoping it is something simple like that. Don't really have time for anything else, so it would probably get parted/scrapped.

Ok, figured out the misfire. It was a clogged fuel injector. They were all actually pretty bad, but I cleaned them out, and replaced two of them. The motor runs great now :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, the trans is toast :confused:

So now i need to either try and sell it for $800, or fix it and sell it for $1500.

Thoughts?