Fog/Driving lights not working

trailshredder

My fog/driving lights aren't working on my 02 Grand Prix GT. The lighted dash switch won't even light up. I have checked the fuse, relay and bulbs and they are all good. Any thoughts?

My fog/driving lights aren't working on my 02 Grand Prix GT. The lighted dash switch won't even light up. I have checked the fuse, relay and bulbs and they are all good. Any thoughts?

This is going to sound really stupid, but is your parking brake off??

That is a symptom.

but that would shut off the headlights

If you're talking to me, having the parking brake on (at least in all three of my cars) kills the fog lights, headlights and dash lights.

yes but from what i see here only the fog lights arnt working

I'm no expert at reading . . . but this is not what I get out of the original post.

My fog/driving lights aren't working on my 02 Grand Prix GT.

wow cant read lately

yes but from what i see here only the fog lights arnt working

I'm no expert at reading . . . but this is not what I get out of the original post.

my friend who just bought an '01 gtp has the same problem. at first the switch wouldn't light up, but the fogs came on. but now they won't. i was guessing that it was the switch.

yours sounds like the switch too.

My jeep did the same thing though not even close to a w-body, if the light on the switch doesn't light up that's a big clue that there may be no power getting through the switch. Cherokee limiteds are known for this, but as I stated previously I haven't really heard of it in a GP.

• 2 years later...

Has anyone found out what this problem could be? I have the same thing with my 2000 Grand Prix. The switch didn't even light up to indicate whether the lights were on or off. I checked all the relays, fuses, and bulbs and bought a new switch. The new switch now will light up showing that the lights should be on, but they are both still not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.