Window switch change

godofthunder

Well, recenelty, the down button for the pass. windows on the drivers side died. It kinda sucked, caus I had to lean accross the car to roll down the window. Well, with TONS of thanks to Sailor77, i got one he had.

Hmm...if you ever have to do this...you dont need to take the door off (on the CS). I did...and spent more time getting it off, and then back on, then i did doing the switch. You have to pop the little white plastic clips...which was a pain. Then...you shoulda seen me...for 20 minutes I tried to pull the door and hang it again on em. Then I got the bright idea to pull em all out, attach them to the door trim peice, then back to the door. That worked, took me a few minutes. The only problem I had...is that i could never get the door off, felt like something was bolted right in the middle.

Ok, well, all you have to do is pop off 4 clips arround the side of the panel. Then, pull out. Since my lock and mirror thing were fine...i kept em in. All the buttons on the window switches were worn down...so i took the ones from my car and put em on the new one. Each time, i checked to make sure everything worked ( didnt wanan put door back, and nothing work!).

So, now its all good...and looks a bit nicer now. I plan to do a write up with some pictures sooon....and put it on my site

jon

next time you have to take the door panel off take out all the plastic clips and put them on the door panel and then reatatch the door panel to the door.

Guest TurboSedan

i gotta replace the rear drivers side window on my CS, which i busted out with a big hammer one night when i locked my keys in the car (long story). i'm definately going to get one of those trim removal tools first. i don't need to replace the motor, just the glass.....any tips? i already found a window for $20, so it's actually costing less than a locksmith would've charged to come and jimmy the door for me.

joshua

cutlassdude....what about that thing in the middle...do you know what im talking about? It almost looked like a strap holding the door on.

How do you take the entire trim pannel off?

jon

Im not sure what your refering to, but to take the pannel off remove the three screws: door handle trim, under the grab handle, and inside the window switch unit :?: Take a flathead srew driver and pry the bottom off, theres a metal pice inside by the reflector pry it away from the panel and then you can lift the door panel up :) There is a tool I think you can rent that can help take the panel off.

hmmm...i didnt see a screw near the window switch unit..

I was able to get that trim panel offf enought to change a speaker or something, but wanted to know if theres a way to take it all out.

on my gfs truck, you just pop off the window handle, remove 3 or so screews, and pull out

jon

im stupid, what botom part.

I poped out all the white things and 2 screwes (one below where the door pull is, and then one near the handle).

what else am i missing