• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Brian P

• old442man

• AL

Top Posters In This Topic

wait... coming out the top, but also removed the subframe??? PLUS you disconnected the AC? That sucks man, I usually just unbolt the compressor and let it sit on the frame rail :willynilly: I removed the engine/tranny 4 times and I'm running the original R134a from 1995 :square:

Ya, It's There. I Just Took The Lower Control Arms Off (To Do The Poly Bushings). My R134 Was Low Anyway. It Needs A Recharge Bad, So I Didn't Care Either Way.

Hey, you'll have to let me come out to that garage and maybe you can help me help you, lol. I'm not educated enough to initiate anything, but I love following directions. I need some hands-on experience.

You should just tack them up once you have everything fitted and take them to someone to TIG weld. You won't regret it it.

Quality of welds makes or breaks a project like this.

are the the external block dimensions the same on the 3100 and the 3400? If so, this would be a step on the way to a turbo 3400!!! Just toss the 3100 back in, build a 3400 w/ turbo and put it in next year.

While I'm waiting for the trans to be torn apart.....

I picked up some stuff to make some better manifolds

1-3/4" pipe for the primaries and 2" for the logs and x-over.....found a SS 2" flex locally for $75....i was so relieved to find one too....makes things easier....

Got a O2 bung also

and some MOOG ball joints

IMG_3855.jpg

1 3/4 primaries are a little large for a 3100, i think you'd benifit more from like 1 5/8 or 1 1/2 primaries because of the higher velocity. anything will be a huge improvement over stock though, cant wait to see them done.

LOL

I'm a retard.....but first off, it's 1-3/4 OD, which is ~1.6 ID....BUT to make the new flanges, I scanned the gasket and then used it as the template....not knowing to look and double check the dimensions on the HEAD. Turns out, they are over .2" of an inch too big. Once I have them remade to the correct size, i'll be able to use 1-5/8 OD, whic is ~1.45ID (the diagonal dimesion on the head is 1.44) so it will be a perfect fit.

I still think the 2' OD, or 1.85 ID tube will be great for the logs.

My current flanges would probably work great on a 3400/3500. They will be for sale soon for really cheap.

I'm excited to get this done and see how this turns out!!!!