AWeb's Trans Rebuild Thread

AWeb80

Al (BigAlWalker) came down today and helped me start pulling stuff.

we got the DP unhooked, Strut Assemblies out, CV joints out. and most of the elec connectors unhooked.

All that is left is the heater core, Fuel lines...and misc.

Tomorrow night I hope to have it out.

Al will post pics later......Still waiting on my laptop...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Brian P

• old442man

• AL

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Quite a new experience. trashed a ball joint getting it undone. used my dads 40 lb 4 foot long slide hammer to give it about 20 good whacks before it came loose. i planned on putting new ones on anyways.

Yeah. Quite a new experience. trashed a ball joint getting it undone. used my dads 40 lb 4 foot long slide hammer to give it about 20 good whacks before it came loose. i planned on putting new ones on anyways.

My first time, me and a buddy spent 1 hour yanking and pulling and prying on the driver side before we went and bought a slide hammer. There's really no other way around it.

Its a Mach 1... All we have left is the mounts and AC lines and heater core lines, hook up the cherry picker and lift it out

NICE!!! ADAM you must start a new thread with PICS OF SAID Mach 1!!!!

Its a Mach 1... All we have left is the mounts and AC lines and heater core lines, hook up the cherry picker and lift it out

NICE!!! ADAM you must start a new thread with PICS OF SAID COBRA!!!!

its not a cobra.

it is a mach 1.

he had a thread for awhile there about it.

NICE!!! ADAM you must start a new thread with PICS OF SAID COBRA!!!!

its not a cobra.

it is a mach 1.

he had a thread for awhile there about it.

That's what happens when you type too fast. :redface:

:badpost:

Not A 5 speed swap. i an going to rebuild it myself with help from a friend and a ASTG cool

Oh.....I thought you mentioned something about swapping in a 5-speed awhile ago? :thinking: :dunno:

When did your transmission start slipping anyway? I know it's been slipping for awhile, but I haven't talked to you in so long, so I don't know the details. It didn't seem to have any problems last time we met, which wasn't THAT long ago.

How can Lumineer quote a post that was made after his without editing his own????

We are in the twilight zone.

As far as difficulty of rebuilding a automatic transmission, what does this rate on a 1-10 scale compared to all other car procedures? Isnt it pretty hard?

How can Lumineer quote a post that was made after his without editing his own????

Glad I wasnt the only one that spotted that...

LOL....I edited a post via phone and it messed up, so I just deleted it..

in 30 mins, I got the fuel lines unhooked tonight, PS lines, Heater core lines and control arms off tonight.

all that's left is the tranny cooler lines and lower mounts.....I'll be doing that Friday.

I took the control arms off to do the poly bushing mod on them.......