• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Brian P

• old442man

• AL

Top Posters In This Topic

Props for doing your own rebuild. What aftermarket parts have you got planned? If you haven't already contact dave @ tripleedgeperformance for stronger 4t60e parts. Defiantly get a transgo shift kit if you haven't already. Best of luck with the rebuild.

ahhh curb rash!!!! haha j/k. That looks like fun! I can't wait until you pull it apart, I've never seen the internals of one of our trans'.

man, I sure wish I had a nice big garage like you instead of having to do mine in the driveway in the middle of winter...:P another pair of hands would have been nice too, looks like you are off to a good start :) good luck with the rest of it, shit does tend to break, I busted a ball joint too... lol

I can't remember if I took pics of my trans when I stripped it and rebuilt (with help of a friend). The worst part of it all was the fact that reverse was non-existent after I installed it :lol: FML.

That's still under investigation :lol:. It's likely a defect in the channel plate gasket (blocking a passageway) or a check ball out of place. I have to dig into it one day.

The clutch was good upon reassembly, but I won't discount the idea that it may be installed wrong.

Keep in mind all forward gears worked.

is the tranny still in your car???? :lol:

The clutch was good upon reassembly, but I won't discount the idea that it may be installed wrong.

is the tranny still in your car???? :lol:

no!!!!! :lol: I have an interim '96 Lumina tranny in there for the last 40k miles.

hmm, well the two I mentioned are only needed/ used in Reverse and Manual 1st

House Work? That's for women :ohnoes:

Not dishes!!! :lol: I gutted my father's "finished" basement and water-sealed the foundation. Italian electricians DO NOT KNOW HOW to finish a basement, let me tell ya. :square:

I just want to know what the duct tape was doing anywhere near your car. I can see myself using for something on mine in a pinch but yours is so purdy!