• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Garrett Powered

• AWeb80

• kuntzie

• pontiac6ksteawd

what tire size are you using? I found a set of those wheels on crazedlist for $350 shipped. they got a few scratches but I am going to re-clear them.

the ones on e-bay went all the way up to $738!

but I got a 10% off coupon on e-bay right now so I am thinking about maybe taking advantage of it and grab a set of tires for them.

good call on that style wheel, I think they will look hot on any one of my cars.

I just spent over $900 :eek:

the final choices I made for wheels and tires. How did I do? considering I could not afford goodyear f1 supercar tires at $1200/4. I priced them locally for over $1600 installed. screw that.

hopefully the 265's don't rub. I am going to be laying down some meat to the pavement for a W-Body. :biggrin: I didn't want falkens but they were only $522 shipped after using a e-bay coupon I had, and they are brand new 265 40 ZR 17's.

fee1_1.JPG

falken_fk-452.jpg

Kuntzie, do you have any pics with them on your car?

the wheels got here today. all I can say is WOW! they look better in person. the finish is nicer than you can tell in the pics.

I wasn't even expecting them to show up until next week. fedex ftw.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks!

I really think I could have gotten away with 275's. especially on this car because there is no body kit to worry about rubbing like the TGP sometimes will do. I might end up putting these ones on one of the TGP's since they are actually 1/3 of an inch shorter and the tread width is almost the same as 245/50/16 tires. I measured it with a tape measure, these might be a cm wider.(from the awkward angle I measured it from)

down the line once this car gets the gt2871r turbo installed on it I will probably get another set of these wheels and go with some 275's. The car handles way better than when those sawblades were on there. on ramps and exits....YUMMY!! :twisted: the roads were dry today. :twisted:

having too much fun with the 5 speed right now. 3rd gear on rails around the on ramp is just insane. I would paint them white but they need to go with other color cars, and that was one of the deciding factors. the universal machined aluminum.

I tell you what though, I am jonesing for some boost right now. once I get my new chip back from Adam I will get the red TGP going and get some more pics with the rims on that car... and see what 14 psi can do.

DAM found out the 05 wheels have a +45 offset so they'd stick in... gonna pass on them but got a lead on SVT cobra rims, waiting for price. BTW car looks sick dude, Kens gonna be pissed when he see that if he hasnt already!

I think he would be pissed in a good way though. :smile: yea, thanks to the help from kuntzie, I was able to decide on something. I have been wanting to get something different for years and finally started getting serious about researching. and nothing else I have seen yet was appealing on a TGp that had wide enough tread. I was not about to pay money for a downgrade just to try and look cool.

I do have a slight shake in the steering wheel that starts at about 60 mph though, I am going to have the place I took to get them mounted put them back on the balancer and see whats up.

If one of the wheels are tweeked I can always buy a brand new one off ebay for around $180.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see them on the red car.

I was just leaving for the tire store when I saw this. the thought crossed my mind and was going to ask them if that could cause the shaking.

but I just looked on ebay and there is a ton of different sizes of them. I guess I will try and find someone who can measure them for me and go from there or try and look it up or something.

Do you happen to know the right size ones?

dammmmm i want svt cobra rims but they're out of my price range : ( im probably buying these tomorrow for my TGP.. any opinions?

3m53od3p211a12313691c627905014c681d.jpg

least favorite rim style ever, especially for a TGP

I do like the SVTrimsa lot though