'91 Lumina

91_Lumina_V6

I've had my lumina for over a year and i've notice like every other lumina is the same stock red as mine.

Any suggestions on what I can do to personalize my car a bit with out getting extreme like a body kit???

Black out all chrome with black electrical tape! Cool exhaust tip. Mud flaps. Window decals. mesh grill work. Wing from a GP. If you have stock steel wheels, shop for cool hubcaps. Warning: don't get the really tacky ones that show too much of the steel wheel itself. Mine are turbine like and cover most of the wheel area. See my www site. Bought at K-Mart for $13.

Good luck!!

Well, one of the first things I did to my Lumina was add an STB to the front end. Then I put in an instrument cluster from a Euro and found some 16" Lumina wheels. My next project it to convert it to a floor shift and get rid of the column shifter. If you are looking for a new cluster I can get a couple for about $25 each at the local jy. If you want one just send me an even $30 for the cluster and to cover shipping and I'll go get one and ship it right out to you. All you would need to do is specify if you want the cluster with the oil pressure sensor or the volt meter.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. If you want to update the look of your car, the quickest way to do so is with a set of wheels. If you don't have alot of money then stick with 14" wheels so you can use your current tires. Otherwise, go for a set of 16", or taller, if you can afford them. I have a set of 14" wheels and tires in my garage that I want $80 for, plus shipping, if you want them.

This applies to many of my cars:

* debadged

* de-trimed

* color matched parts

* add tasteful OEM body parts (Z34 spoiler, grill, etc.)

* slight highlighting of small things

- Erik

Whiskey River, are those wheels stock steelies or are they different? Do you have any pics? I'm just looking for something better than steelies right now, let me know.

No they are aluminum, they came off an 89ish Celebrity Eurosport. I know I have a pic but it is large, if you have an email address, I'll email it to you as it won't fit on the forum very easily.