Z34 Bumper Cover Versus Stock/Euro

HuffDaddy

I am the kind of guy that moves quickly once I see something that I am sure I like but I move as cautiously as possible; I love the Z34 bumper covers WAY better than the only body kit I have found (Razzi) but i am curious about the swap:

Has anyone done this allready?

What parts (other than the actual facia/air dam) are needed?

Anyone have one available??

I am VERY interested in the conversion and think it would bring some life to my sedan but I want to be sure I am prepared before attemptingf the swap.

I put all the Z34 pieces on my Euro coupe, but I know for a fact the the bumper covers will just bolt in place of the originals, though short of some bodywork, you're kinda S.O.L. on the side skirts and door moldings with yours being a sedan.

what about the grille/turn signals......cani just grab the grille from a Z34 and throw it on my euro? Or do i need the lights and other brackets? I never bothered to look, but if i go ahead and paint my car this spring i might do that..

For the sideskirts, are they plastic, or like a foam/rubber thing? I had the idea to make 2 sets of sidekirts work with a 4 door. There is also the 4-door GP SE sideskirts that will work on all w-bodies that you can use

For the sideskirts, are they plastic, or like a foam/rubber thing? I had the idea to make 2 sets of sidekirts work with a 4 door. There is also the 4-door GP SE sideskirts that will work on all w-bodies that you can use

They are polyurethane actually, so a weldable plastic.

what about the grille/turn signals......cani just grab the grille from a Z34 and throw it on my euro? Or do i need the lights and other brackets? I never bothered to look, but if i go ahead and paint my car this spring i might do that..

you'll need the grill and lights from a Z34, also trim the tabs on the bottom of the Z34 grill before you paint it.

Brackets? What brackets are you talking about?

bump....And what is the actual difference on the bumpers? would it be something where you could modify the stock non Z34 ones?

They are polyurethane actually, so a weldable plastic.

so its like the material that typical bumper covers are made out of?

the body shop told me to bring them the bumper and reinforcement bar behind it as well as some of the supports from the fender to the bumper cover that are not on the Z34. I told them they don't need them and they sent me a email showing from their supplier the differences and they are in fact different. I've taken both bumpers off before and i know this for a fact.

HOLY S$&T SMOOTH: That is exactly what your ride is...Smooth. I promise not to cramp your style but I am going for the 4 dr z34 deal. After seeing your car the euros and base sedans just look like they are missing something.

Thanks on the info I am going to start scouring the local yards for parts; I will be painting the car in the spring so I will install em then.

Don't forget the Z's have differant licence plate locations that the base and euro. The Z's have it where the back up light is. oh props. to SMOOTH. I love the 4dr. Z. Looks like it came from the factory.