Adding Monsoon to the Regal

Q-Ball

Jason, I think the problem you will have is finding the parts at the wreckers in the area affordable. Stereo equipment is one of the items that they like for you to bend over for... and, well I know you would enjoy bending over for the guy at Coreys, its just not worth it.

I spent less than $500 on all the stereo stuff in my car (bought it all used), and you yourself said my stereo sounded good.

Jamie

Jason, I think the problem you will have is finding the parts at the wreckers in the area affordable. Stereo equipment is one of the items that they like for you to bend over for... and, well I know you would enjoy bending over for the guy at Coreys, its just not worth it.

I spent less than $500 on all the stereo stuff in my car (bought it all used), and you yourself said my stereo sounded good.

Jamie

Yeah on my new regal forum I found a lot of goodies for only 100 bucks. OH YEAH!

IMO the only "monsoon" parts worth grabbing are the rear speaker mounting parts so you can run aftermarket drivers in them

If I went after market, I think i'd spend too much. I just want the better stock stuff for a little bit of extra bass.

• 4 weeks later...

The suggestion of keeping a stock deck, and getting aftermarket speakers was a good one, and will yield the greatest improvement for the least amount of money. ANY stock speaker is NOT going to be worth it's salt, where a deck may be low power, but at least decent quality. $100 can buy a decent set of speakers, so it doesn't have to get crazy expensive.

Oftentimes, stock sounds BETTER than many aftermarket units...

Not if you know what you are doing. I haven't ever heard a stock system better than an aftermarket system in the same car.

Why is it there are so many people replying in the car audio section who don't really like/know/care about it? This is like going into the TGP forum and saying turbo is lame, or the convertible section and telling everyone to sell and buy a hardtop. :rolleyes:

Oh, stock audio isn't audio anymore? Must've missed the memo.

If you missed the memo you can get a copy via company BBS :mrgreen:

But, my comment wasn't directed at you, and to directly answer your question, yes, it is. You have every right to your opinon, and yours was perfectly reasonable. I just don't like how the occasional stick-up-the-ass has to come into a forum they really don't like/know about and shit in the flower patch. There may be a great many reasons to stay factory, but sound quality is NOT one of them.

yes and no. oftentimes until you are willing to spend money you will end up with nothing but shit components. I think we can both agree that the amount of shit on the market far out numbers the amount of quality products out there.

depending on the car the stock equipment is most likely rubbish, but buying some junk-ass sony x-plodes are not necessarily any better

Honestly I would rather spend a little bit now then futz with junkyard car audio, when that money could have been better spent on quality drivers, and it isn't like you have to go broke to afford something of OK quality.

but to have an argument about sound quality is kinda dumb when 90% of the people here or anywhere for that matter are perfectly content with MP3 sound quality.

invest in good equipment the first time, and it will treat you right for years to come.

yes and no. oftentimes until you are willing to spend money you will end up with nothing but shit components. I think we can both agree that the amount of shit on the market far out numbers the amount of quality products out there.

depending on the car the stock equipment is most likely rubbish, but buying some junk-ass sony x-plodes are not necessarily any better

Honestly I would rather spend a little bit now then futz with junkyard car audio, when that money could have been better spent on quality drivers, and it isn't like you have to go broke to afford something of OK quality.

but to have an argument about sound quality is kinda dumb when 90% of the people here or anywhere for that matter are perfectly content with MP3 sound quality.

invest in good equipment the first time, and it will treat you right for years to come.

QFT

But even MP3's sound better on good speakers. I demo'd some electrostatic Martin Logan Source series yesterday with some DMB and Eagles from a ghey iPod, great-googely-moogely they sounded nice! I had to be inconspicuous and :fap: all over them at the local Magnolia to claim them as my own.

The monsoon in meh new car sounded AWESOME for the 10 seconds that I listened to it!

Don't like music?

Not when I am being OVERWHELMED by all of the stuff to play with and my mom yelling at me to get out of the parking lot and DRIVE!!! :lol:

The monsoon in meh new car sounded AWESOME for the 10 seconds that I listened to it!

Don't like music?

Not when I am being OVERWHELMED by all of the stuff to play with and my mom yelling at me to get out of the parking lot and DRIVE!!! :lol:

I guess that makes sense, I can't listen to music when i ride with my mom, EVER!