Adding Monsoon to the Regal

Q-Ball

The car came with the concert sound II and with the radio and tape deck. I want a better system, but i'd rather stay stock. So I've decided to grab a cd player from the auto wreckers, but Sean was telling me about the monsoon setup and it has more speakers. Just wondering if they are all different and how hard would it be to swap over?

You wouldn't have to one day come out and find your windows broken...

Oftentimes, stock sounds BETTER than many aftermarket units...

Stock doesn't (always) look like shit in the dash...

It's his choice...

Tint windows, stay out of shit areas....and park your car in a garage at night.

Oftentimes, stock sounds BETTER than many aftermarket units...

maybe better then shitty aftermarket brands, like Koss, Jensen, Pyle, etc....but a stock 2G stereo will not sound better then even a half-way decent quality aftermarket setup.

Stock doesn't (always) look like shit in the dash...

He has a double din setup, an aftermarket double din would NOT look like shit in the dash.

It's his choice...

I understand this, which is why I asked "why?"

IDK about him, but it's just a 'thing' with me... First of all, radio is just fine and CD is overkill... I like the look of stock over any aftermarket... etc.

My Pioneer doesn't look as good sitting in the dash as the factory system did IMO. Parking in a garage--not always possible for one. Also, it's parking at a grocery store or the like with an expensive system as keeping it garaged.

Even in a "good area" you're not safe from having your car broken in to. Tinting windows can usually mean you have something worth stealing...And not all of us have a garage - though I now do...:twisted:

Even in a "good area" you're not safe from having your car broken in to. Tinting windows can usually mean you have something worth stealing...And not all of us have a garage - though I now do...:twisted:

And I might say... It's fucking beautiful.

And I might say... It's fucking beautiful.

Shh.

If anything just replace the stock speakers with better quality components, swap in a RDS radio and then you have a halfway decent setup and no one will ever think that you have anything aftermarket since no one looking in will be able to tell.

I know people who run subs off a stock HU. looking at the car you'd never know it has ANY aftermarket stereo equipment.

IDK about him, but it's just a 'thing' with me... First of all, radio is just fine and CD is overkill... I like the look of stock over any aftermarket... etc.

idk man, does stock play SD cards? my headunit does. I was getting tired of carrying around stacks of CDs.....but to each his own.

The car came with the concert sound II and with the radio and tape deck. I want a better system, but i'd rather stay stock. So I've decided to grab a cd player from the auto wreckers, but Sean was telling me about the monsoon setup and it has more speakers. Just wondering if they are all different and how hard would it be to swap over?

the monsoon i believe actually came with an amp to power the rear 6x9s, atleast, my buddies 99 Firechicken had that. It had front speakers 5.25inch and tweeters, mid (no idea) speakers, and rears 6x9s in his fireturd. No idea how hard it would be to wire in.

Well, I like the stock CD player since the clock is so big. LOVE IT! Anwyays, was just wanting some extra thump, nothing crazy. I was told the monsoon's came with 2 subs beside the rear deck speakers. I just wanted to know how hard it was to do it and if its even possible, or do I have to run extra wires for the subs? I dont know.

I put a monsoon cd player in my wife's 97 century because she wanted to stay stock, and I like the big clock display as well. Didn't hook up any additional speakers, subs, whatever, just the concert sound stuff that was there and it sounds fine IMO.

I put a monsoon cd player in my wife's 97 century because she wanted to stay stock, and I like the big clock display as well. Didn't hook up any additional speakers, subs, whatever, just the concert sound stuff that was there and it sounds fine IMO.

the monsoon cd deck is the same as the concert sound II deck, it just says monsoon on the cassette door, thats it.

Did either of you notice any difference with the pins? I heard the monsoon had more power though. Maybe I'm wrong. Just going by what I heard.