Storing My TGP

Addicted To Boost

Nick, so are you going to deliver the car to Ontario for me to store in in my garage over the next couple of years, or do I have to fly out there and have you pick me up at the airport and drive it here.

Please let me know. I know you're strapped for time.

Thanks!

Nick,

I know it's kind of a late response, but I was once told that setting the jack stands in pans or pie tins of water or some sort of poison, I can't remember which, would keep the mice from getting in the car. It make sense since the only way they can get from the floor to inside the car is by climbing up the tires and/or jack stands. I never had a place to store a car or one worth storing(that is until I go my TGP) so I never tried it out.

I've also heard of people parking on tarps to keep the moisture from rusting the underside, but I think that more for dirt and gravel floors.

I took my '90 TGP for a drive after setting for a year. I had it parked on grass with 5/8ths plywood and a Wolf cover on it. That's the best I could do at that time. Before I parked it, I filled the tank with 91 octain and added 4 cups of Toluene to prevent the octain from getting too low. Anyway, I drove it ten miles last Friday and everything worked fine. I put a large box of baking soda in a cake pan and had that inside the car to control odor. It helped a little. "They" (whomever that is) claim cat litter works the best at soaking up odor. There is definately a humidity issue I have to address. So this year I'm going to try something different. There is a company that sells a large bag to seal vehicles inside of. They also offer large bags of desecant or moisture absorbing bags that are placed inside the car. I did not use stands under the car before but this year I will. I might also start and warm up the engine on trips out to check on the house. This is an isolated area about 65 miles from where I live. In winter months I usually don't go out there. The water is shut off and lines drained but the electricity stays on. The engine was still clean, no dust or rodent problems. Started and ran fine after a year of setting. I wouldn't recommend anyone do the same. Try to drive the stored vehicle at least once a month if possible. That's probably THE best, but unfortunatly that's not always possible. Outside storage has the be the worce option. I'll try and find a link to the bag deal. I also intend on putting a soft cloth cover over the car, then the Wolf cover, then the bag.

Well, I ran out of time and things got pretty crazy, so I didn't have much time to get stuff done.

I only had time to clean it up inside and out, lay dryer sheets throughout the car, spray silicone spray on all rubber, and put in 2 gallons of non-ethanol, non-oxygenated 92 octane.

Thats alright though, I will be stopping back home over Christmas break, so I will start it then and maybe put it on jackstands if I don't freeze my ass off first :willynilly: :lol:

Well, I ran out of time and things got pretty crazy, so I didn't have much time to get stuff done.

I only had time to clean it up inside and out, lay dryer sheets throughout the car, spray silicone spray on all rubber, and put in 2 gallons of non-ethanol, non-oxygenated 92 octane.

Thats alright though, I will be stopping back home over Christmas break, so I will start it then and maybe put it on jackstands if I don't freeze my ass off first :willynilly: :lol:

All this seems like a waste when it could be here in a nice garage getting laid all winter long with a beautiful younger lady car.

Oh well.

Glad to here that you've landed, now the fun part getting all set up, for me it's been 6 weeks and I'm no where close. Everything is a mess and sometimes for days at a time I just give up.

All this seems like a waste when it could be here in a nice garage getting laid all winter long with a beautiful younger lady car.

Oh well.

Glad to here that you've landed, now the fun part getting all set up, for me it's been 6 weeks and I'm no where close. Everything is a mess and sometimes for days at a time I just give up.

LOL! Well, as soon as I have the Ranger paid off, I am hoping to give the TGP a partner (which is yet to be named..) Yes, it is a W-body!

• 3 weeks later...

I would make a strong recommend to add mice trap or anything to keep mice stay away! I never saw any mice in 3 years, and I take a drive on my 1994 Z34, all of suddent everything is messed up, will stuck up to 3rd gear wont go in 4th gear. and loss of power etc... then I went back to home, and I found out that main Harness from PCM to motor. half of harness is chewwing up ( I was surprsie it's still driveable). And pad coat under hood, there is hole and can see red, it's chewwing up too. I was very upset (actually pissed off! :cussing:) Anyway I went to GM to buy new hanress, it cost 350 bucks for 1994 n above, under 1993, Z34 or TGP cost 850 bucks! I dont know if they still make those harness. It happen 5 yrs ago.

I start up my TGP every each month, till few months ago.. it wont fire up at all! My suspect is mice, chewwing up harness again! I havent check where or what is cause because it is at storage in my brother's home. Hopefully it's something else! I dont want to deal with 850 bucks!

I learned my lessons, always put mice trap! I LIVE IN MINNESTOA TOO!

Alright... a lot of people on here have been making sigs with cars that they don't really have. That is my imaginary car. :lol: I drive it in my sleep ;) VROOOOOOOOM...PSSSSSSSSSSH!

Haha I left over a month ago.. :lol:

I want your GTP! :drool:

Oh I didnt pay attention to date.. it's month ago already. U still have chance for this christmas! :biggrin:

Are u talking about my Red GTP? If so... Yeah thanks! It's very hard to find that color what I want, which include loaded/manual! I am lucky to find one with almost 100% mint condition!

I always want TGP with gray inside, u r lucky to have gray! My TGP have black with tan leather inside.

I will do project TGP in future, I will want to put inside gray or black with leather. I already have motor/tranny ready to swap in TGP, I just need to find a other TGP for project! :twisted: