RareGMlover89

go to the main forum page then look for the frequently asked question section then look on page 2 and it has a thread about pulling codes for obd1 cars. it tells the basics but I just noticed there is no link for the 3.1 vin "v" motors.???

I have the big service manual though and Im sure they are posted elsewhere if you do a search.

Well wait if it's just about codes, the code that came up was 33 and it was about the MAP sensor and the little tubes going to it. I have to do vacuum tests and stuff, but I'm thinkin' getting the new MAP sensor and cleaning the tubes should fix everything...

I would just grab a new vac harness, they are not that expensive, and you can eliminate a lot of guesswork, but you will need a few more tees and elbows like the long plastic line that runs from back by the map then behind the top of the pmIII and down under the cruise actuator where there is another tee. but to do the whole harness properly you got to pull the upper plenum and it takes all day. you should also just buy one of each of those vacutite or help brand rubber tees and elbows or a variety of them and I guarantee you will end up using them all up. I go through them like candy with all the tgps around here. in fact I am going down to autozone right now and buy them out. lol.

If I'm looking at the engine I can figure things out but I don't know a lot of what you just said, but I will tell me friend who will and we'll try whatever all of that was... Thank you :biggrin: It's very helpful to have someone who knows what they're talking about. :high5:

He's right. Every time I go to the JY, I always grab a complete vacuum harness from a W-body car. It definitely comes in handy! I actually just used up the rest of my vacuum lines and should get some more...

I upgrade from stock ones too even. especially the fpr tee, I will take off the brand new one that comes with it and replace that with a vacutite that is even tighter than stock because I want them so you have to pull and strech them with a needlenose to get them off. especially since I am planning on running more boost soon. I have had lots of problems with them being fine at 9-10-11 psi then seeping out at 12 psi and hit fuel cut, and now I will be up to 13 and 14 before long here so....

Well you just keep explaining to me what these things are and where they are and where to get new ones or w/e...it sounds like the answer to all my problems...and thanks for the help again :biggrin:

just keep going in to all the local parts stores and look for the help! rack or the shelf with all the vacu-tite! rubber fittings and buy one of each, they are only $2.99 or something a piece, not a big investment.

you will see once you go there. I keep a tackle box with those in my garage.