GMPP Trailing Arms

Sidewinder

I don't want to hijack this thread but i don't think that we need another/new one:

How do I install these?? what size bolts?? is there any tricks?? anything to be careful with??

I would attack all of the bolts with some PB Blaster a day or 2 before you do them, since they are often very hard to get undone due to rust.

Anyways coat the bolts in it, and yeah just unbolt and rebolt, reuse your existing stuff. 4 bolts total, 2 in each arm. Unbolt then force out with a hammer or something if you need to, they get very stuck.

I would attack all of the bolts with some PB Blaster a day or 2 before you do them, since they are often very hard to get undone due to rust.

Anyways coat the bolts in it, and yeah just unbolt and rebolt, reuse your existing stuff. 4 bolts total, 2 in each arm. Unbolt then force out with a hammer or something if you need to, they get very stuck.

Thats what I did and I still had trouble getting the drivers side off.

The stock bolts are threaded into a metal bushing that is then placed inside of the rubber bushing. I had to grind through the control arm, through the stinky ass rubber, and key the inner bushing to get a vise grip to attach. I then tried to loosen the bolt and it busted the head off.

In the future I would suggest just tightening the bolt if need be until it snaps off. This is all if the bolt will not thread free from the inner bushing.