GMPP Trailing Arms

Sidewinder

I was wondering if the GMPP bars are good compared to Held and BMR? I'm planning on getting some brackets for my strut tower bars, and I was thinking about picking these up as well with my order. Eventually I plan on get lateral arms and toe links as well, possibly some coil overs. I'm also installing bigger sway bars from the Monte Z34 I have sitting out in a field. I just wanted to know if they are worth it, otherwise I'm going to save for the complete set from Held.

they are not nearly as strong as those, but they are worlds better than stock. it really all depends on how far you want to take your car, and how much you are willing to spend.

for most people, the gmpp bars are enough.

They are not as good as the held or BMR, but for the money you can beat them for replacements over stock. $43 for the GMPP vs $150+ or whatever for the other ones.

if your looking for best performance, Held or BMR will give you the best handling. Other than than if your just looking for stock replacement, GMPP

Well I want to get the best stuff I can, and I was going to go with all the Held stuff. I would prefer to save for the whole kit though and get it all at once, possibly with their coil overs as well (been thinking about making my own). However it will probably be awhile before I can afford to get the whole kit so I'm thinking maybe I will get the GMPP ones anyway to replace the stock POS as a halfway kind of thing.

I'll have to give Held a call and see how much they want.

The GMPP trailing arms are a great, cost effective upgrade. The benefit of the others, if any, would only be seen in the bushings themselves. The GMPP bushings are rubber, but are harder than stock.

Tim

What do better trailing arms help anyways? I had some on my sedan, but never really knew what they were supposed to do, just got them because I got my swaybar.

They won't flex as much as the stockers, and even just having new bushings will mean less play in the rear suspenson.

They'll help keep the rear tires from wandering off :lol:

They won't flex as much as the stockers, and even just having new bushings will mean less play in the rear suspenson.

They'll help keep the rear tires from wandering off :lol:

Oh Crap, there goes my tire, time for new trailing arms! :lol: :high5:

Well I bit the bullet and bought the GMPP arms as well with the brackets for the strut bars. I want to get the Held kit still, but it is going to be awhile before I will be able to afford to get it. I went outside and had a look at the arms that are on my car, and they are very rusted and look terrible, I'm also pretty sure they are both slightly bent.

I thought about the driving I've been doing and how old those bars are. I hammer on the suspension more than anyone who has driven it, not only that but the city I drive in when I'm in college has some of the worst roads I have driven on. Eventually I think these things are going to fail (being 12 years old now), so preventative maintenance FTW :mrgreen:

Well I bit the bullet and bought the GMPP arms as well with the brackets for the strut bars. I want to get the Held kit still, but it is going to be awhile before I will be able to afford to get it. I went outside and had a look at the arms that are on my car, and they are very rusted and look terrible, I'm also pretty sure they are both slightly bent.

I thought about the driving I've been doing and how old those bars are. I hammer on the suspension more than anyone who has driven it, not only that but the city I drive in when I'm in college has some of the worst roads I have driven on. Eventually I think these things are going to fail (being 12 years old now), so preventative maintenance FTW :mrgreen:

:high5:

I bought a set for my car, though they have yet to arrive. Damn glad I bought them, because the ones on the car now are bent to hell. Of course, I didn't know that until -after- i bought them! lol.

As soon as you get those on be sure to let us know how they are, I have been thinking about geting a set for a long time. :cool:

GMPP TA's are NICE for the price

I got'm

Cant get a better recommendation then that.

From now on you should just respond with: "This part is AWEB80 approved."

As soon as you get those on be sure to let us know how they are, I have been thinking about geting a set for a long time. :cool:

I wont be able to get them on for a while. Have to save money to have them installed, since they wern't in for the suspension rebuild.. they could've just gone in instead of the stockers then, and I wouldn't have been charged... but I just spent almost 700 dollars on labor... and I'm still short one subframe bushing.... so don't hold your breath ladies and gents.

Besides, they aren't even in yet. They will ship whenever the sway bar is off back-order... and knowing my luck, they'll get delivered here after I've moved...

they don't list our cars, it says price is per unit, so that means I need two units?? or do I just need one kit?? also what is better, those or "moog" ones??

That part number is for the kit (meaning 2 bars) and yes it doesn't list our cars, but we have the same trailing arms as those cars.

For the price, I would go with these arms. I don't think any others are really worth it.

ok. I just received mine and the way the shipped them SUCKS!! they just tape them together from the middle part and sent them. they have scratches all over them!!! they look like used :eek: oh well I had planned painting them anyway :rolleyes: so to install is just take bolts off and put them back on??