Rear Trailing Arm support Problem (check vid) help me .... New pics

RedGTP

I have a BIG problem now ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LlBEXYdy4

Durring a Road trip, I take a big hole in road... and ...after... I hear ''tock tock tock tock'' passenger side between 80-90 km/h...

I stop on a side road, I check my wheel, nothing, my exausth, nothing ... I finish my roadtrip..

At my house, I jack my car .. I check .. nothing ... but when drop my car I hear this 'tock'...

I grab my traillingarm just to check my bushing.. maybe .. and it'S what I find .... When my car is jacked .. didn't move, but unjacked.... it's my problem

What I can do to fix this ? :S .. Weld my suport on the frame (around the hole) ??!

I don't know what doing :(

Thanks All

Yann

WOW.

I've never seen that happen before.

Take it to a body shop and see what they can do. Probably just the spot welds cracked. But they might have to cut into to it to get it fixed.

My 95 LQ1 cutlass sedan is the same way. mine is not worth fixing.

yours... Is that heavy rusting in front of the mounting area?

You should get it fixed. You will need to find someone who can weld and will be able to make good strong repairs to structural areas of cars.

do you still have the Z34 parts car? If that area is still good on that car, you might be better off having a good welder use that part of that car to fix the GTP.

cut and weld in a new section, or try and fabricate your own custom piece.

and after you get it fixed, oil spray or undercoat the hell out of your car.

that happened to my cutlass 4 years ago 4 years ago. i paid $650 to have new sections welded and they told me to get rid of the car after a year. lol 4 years later and i still have it. i undercoat it every year. The mechanic begs to differ but i told him i thought it had to do with the way he lifted my car to do the front bearings :mad:. when they did the job they replaced the driver side trailing arm and now it is bad again. Good luck

• 2 months later...