bullet

I'm going to be buying a friend's TGP and I'll be wanting to swap the crappy 4T60E for a better one, even though it's been rebuilt I'd trust a more reliable trany like the 4T65E (plus upgrade to the HD Diff)

It has been done several times with various GM's like the Fiero, Cavalier, and 2nd gen GP's with the 3.4.

I need more info, I know that the valve assembly from the 4T60E trany needs to be switched over but what else?

a new 4T65E trany is $400 plus shipping for me and I've never had any problems...EVER with it in any car I've worked on.

one way or another it willbe done, but any help you can give would be great!

Thanks!!

FYI I'll leave the rebuilt 4T60E trany in until I start having problems cuz I'm not goings to watse time and money over something that's not a neccesity.

The TGP 4t60 valve body isn't compatible with the 4t60-e and 65-e. If you wanto use the 65-e you'll need to fab up a diffrent x-over pipe and relocate the turbo like the turbo GTPs guys do.

The TGP 4t60 valve body isn't compatible with the 4t60-e and 65-e. If you wanto use the 65-e you'll need to fab up a diffrent x-over pipe and relocate the turbo like the turbo GTPs guys do.

I figured I'd have to because of the size and dimensions.

my bad, thought I'd need to change the valve body out...guess the trany guy was wrong...as usual...lol

FYI the TGPs didn't have 4T60E's. They had a vacuum controlled 4T60 with heavy duty parts. The stock 4T60 is actually a very good transmission if you don't beat on the car..

FYI the TGPs didn't have 4T60E's. They had a vacuum controlled 4T60 with heavy duty parts. The stock 4T60 is actually a very good transmission if you don't beat on the car..

oh I know, that's why I wouldn't remove it until something happened to it.

how do you get an electronic transmission to work in the TGP?

2 ways, 1st - switch to OBD2 and put the 3100 parts on it except for the block and stuff...is you want to spend a couple thousand.

or do research and find a way to exchange internal, because 4t65's had better clutches and has tougher internals....

these are just guess because I have no clue that's why I'm asking...lol

You can read the GM power manual for ECOTECs on how gm shifted the 65-e with just switches. The other way is using a 4l80e trans controller that came factory equipt on some trucks. Theres some programmers to reprogram it.

You can read the GM power manual for ECOTECs on how gm shifted the 65-e with just switches. The other way is using a 4l80e trans controller that came factory equipt on some trucks. Theres some programmers to reprogram it.

hmmmm, isn't that the same trany all the caddys had/have?

Shifter23 would know cuz he's da pimp wit da caddy's....lol

I'll definetely look into the first thing you said. I'll ask some GM mechanics and see what they think.

Thanks!!

Hah ha LOL!!!! :lol: Woo i am a pimp!!!! Good god i wish! Then i'd have all my TGPs cherry and a new woman!!! Yeah looks like it wasn't as easy as hoped Bullet. Well someday there will be a way. Also just so you know there are a couple of cars posted or i should say located by TGPNick on the TGPForums if you are still looking for a test car.

Hah ha LOL!!!! :lol: Woo i am a pimp!!!! Good god i wish! Then i'd have Bullet. Well someday there will be a way. Also just so you know there are a couple all my TGPs cherry and a new woman!!! Yeah looks like it wasn't as easy as hopedof cars posted or i should say located by TGPNick on the TGPForums if you are still looking for a test car.

do tell!