need help with TGP - SEE PG2 for update injector help please!

patgizz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• patgizz

• BXX

• krenzy

• GOT2B GM

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - the LT1 injectors are 1/16" shorter than the TGP ones which is the difference between popping into the intake and not quite sealing enough for my comfort.

i made a 2nd groove per jud's old ass thread about using the shorter injectors.\\

i dunno wtf is up now, it's starting right up but racing like there is a big vacuum leak. i took the plenum off and checked for hurt gasket(new), checked the pcv tube, checked all the vacuum lines, checked the throttle body gasket again, sprayed starting fluid all around to try and get a change in rpm to show where the leak might be and nothing.

i think there has to be a leak somewhere right? the engine won't race to 4500-5000rpm by itself with the throttle fully closed without a vacuum leak i would think.

Sounds like the friggen IAC is stuck open. Do a relearn or pull it out and clean it up and make sure it isnt frozen...

A vacuum leak that big will be quite noisy anyway..

the iac is not the culprit, i closed it completely, unplugged it, and backed the idle screw off 100% and shoved the throttle plate shut to get the rpm down to 3000 and shot brake cleaner around and - caught a big leak at the base of the injectors - so eff everyone who said the shorter ones work if you put a new groove in them.

i need 6 CORRECT injectors. i'm not going to buy some stupid accels or something and get the same problem.

http://www.five0motorsports.com

Ford C302 Yellow Top injectors. Like $299 shipped for a set of 6. 21#/hr injectors, drop right in. Fast shipping, and a great replacement for TGP injectors.

I am running the Yellow Tops in my TGP as well and it is WELL worth the money. Makes it a completely different car. I bought a set of 6 for $250 shipped to my door.

They also have a ebay store. Cant find them right now thou..

I used Series 2 3800 in my TGP. Runs like a champ. When I do my T25/28 hybrid, I will put the yellow tops in, plus a new chip.

Wondering what my fuel milage is gonna be with that setup. But thats another thread (or you can PM me), dont want to hijack this thread.

i took the stock fuel rail brackets off and made a bar to clamp them down right across the top, dropping the injectors where they need to be to seal right.

i'm having some IAC issues now since i was messing with it trying to get it completely closed yesterday to find the vacuum leak, the plunger shot out of the motor once. but i did take it for a ride with no stalling or issues. i will probably just order the new injectors soon since who knows if these are dirty or not, i just know they ohm'ed out right in spec and the car runs again. i might need an IAC, but i definitely need to let it relearn the idle since it is a brand new ECM.

part # on the 21# yellowtops? i see 19# yellow tops on their site fiveomotorsports.com

Im not finding much on the yellow tops either. I can find a whole bunch for the 24# blue tops thou. Will these work?

i've got a little surge in the idle with the IAC completely closed and the idle set with the screw which says my surge is not at the IAC.

i think brand new injectors are the next step but right now i can drive the car.

What year model lt-1 injectors do you have. I thought all lt-1 injectors were rated 24lbs @ 43.5psi.. The surge could be related to an overly rich condition.

What year model lt-1 injectors do you have. I thought all lt-1 injectors were rated 24lbs @ 43.5psi.. The surge could be related to an overly rich condition.

most likely. i bought them advertised as 22# but got to looking and found LT1 ones @ 24#

ordered up a set of the yellow top ones. the good news is my car runs right now so i can move it around. my a/f monitor was reading rich so...

^^^ I hate you two, you were having fun while I was at work :lol: :lol:

not really, i has just put the plenum back on for the 6th time when he pulled up and it kept running so we ran up to bunker hill and back. you can have a ride when the new injectors are in and it is back to it's tire destroying normal.