90 TSTE advice needed.

Shifter23

Well i bought the TSTE last weekend from Bullet. The car is actualy just as nice as he described. We did talk a bit and of course we talked about the tranny. Even with being warned about the tranny having some slippage very little i took the car anyways. My question is would an accumulator spring kit fix this? It has a new modulator valve, and has been flushed. seems to be in all gears so it feels like a line pressure issue. Trans shifts great but put your foot in it and all gears would probably slip. I drove it as a normal car and had almost no slippage. Just took it easy from stops and didnt highlight to everyone it was a turbo car lol. :burnout:

• 3 months later...

you might have a broken band which then it would have to come back out.

I got my broken band fixed for 6 or 7 hundred dollars at aamco. good luck with that.

I don't know what has already been done for routine maintenance for that car, but if you have the luxury of time and could find some cheap helpers to get it pulled out of there and save money on the R&R and then get the crossover and dist. gear o-ring and motor/ tranny mounts all for about the same cost.

if you really wanna save money on labor, i would honestly take it up to a college that has an auto tech program... im in an auto tech and were always needing new projects... plus it will be done right because we cant release a car unless it is done right