WTH is this, and why is it leaking?

Euro

I haven't ran the a/c yet this year so the a/c vents aren't clogged to stop water and make it leak inside the car.

u mean the evaporator drain tube? if you use your defrost the a/c turns on regardless. make sure thats not plugged.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 3.1cutlass

• ismellrealbad

• terryk2003

i'm pretty sure mine is leaking in there too...i have rubber floor mats for winter and i get a little bit of water on the passanger one once in a while...if you found that thread i was talking about, you should shoot me a link!...i gotta fix that soon!

Water leaks SUCK. My Beretta leaked water onto the passenger floor, like all Berettas do. We sealed the cowl area and the fresh-air intake twice, but it still leaked. I finally said screw it and sold the car. :lol:

Water leaks SUCK. My Beretta leaked water onto the passenger floor, like all Berettas do. We sealed the cowl area and the fresh-air intake

Same leak that's causing mine, at least I'm 95% sure. Off to Autozone to get some clear silicone, then to fix it in their parking lot! lol

I made a thread here a while ago about water on my pass side floor. It turned out to be ice stuck between the side window and the weather striping :lol:

Well that was a bitch. 1 piece cowls can suck my nuts!!!! It was indeed the weatherstripping like in the link I provided. It was hanging off and down into the HVAC intake. Silicone'd it back on, and silicone'd some of the cowl that looked like it wasn't flush with the windshield. So, when it rains today in oh....4 hours or so, we'll see if I did it right!!

mmk....so NOW it's in. It was on up-side down in the first place, so I put it back the way I saw it....well came back and looked at the tutorial on CGP again..FUCK WRONG WAY!! So I had to go back out and turn it around. NOW it should be all better. We'll see later on today.

I re-glued that weather stripping when I replaced my cabin filter a month ago. It wasn't coming off that bad, but I figured I might as well since I'm there. lol

hope it fixes your problem Matt.

It poured here twice today. And it doesn't feel like there's any *more* water under the carpet. It doesn't feel any more damp from the top side. I still havent' gotten a chance to rip it out yet. I'm going home tomorrow and either ripping it out tomorrow afternoon or sunday. I'll get pics for sure.

hey i checked this out on my car, and whaddya know, that weatherstripping was fallin off. $22 in a filter and silicone, should be good to go!

now have you checked the a/c drain? i just looked for mine, and i didnt find it. however, i think i found the 'pipe' that the rubber elbow is supposed to be on.

I believe no GPs came with them, however I do believe that the place is there for it and it is just a drop in install. I may be wrong however

Yeah no GP's came with them. There is a spot for it, but no filter. You have to order a filter for a 97+ Regal.

I didn't check my A/C drain, it hasn't leaked before, but might as well check it out when I finish the interior next week.

I hope you got your problem fixed. :) It poured for two days here last week, and I checked every square inch of the GA's interior for any sign of dampness, and thankfully I didn't find any...

it's been awesome here the last few days, so I haven't gotten a chance to see if I fixed it. It's supposed to rain later today, however my car will be in the service bay at the dealer so it won't get wet.

yeah, they didn't change the plugs with the swap, so the plug on the same cylinder where the bearing failed, went bad :roll:

I haven't ran the a/c yet this year so the a/c vents aren't clogged to stop water and make it leak inside the car.

u mean the evaporator drain tube? if you use your defrost the a/c turns on regardless. make sure thats not plugged.

X2 !!!

X2!!!

I haven't used my defroster in a month or two, but I'll still check it out.