WTH is this, and why is it leaking?

Euro

I've noticed something underneath my car was leaking something for the past couple days. I first noticed it on Monday, but put my fingers on it and looked at it and it's just water. I didn't think anything of it because Monday we had a huge wet snow/rain storm all day. I noticed it again yesterday, the puddle was kinda big, probably 8 inches in diameter. Well, it's still leaking today....my question is what the fuck is this thing and why is it leaking so much water? Is it some kind of drainage channel and the rubber plug or whatever is just bad?

Here is a couple of pics..

HPIM1071.jpg

Here's the general location, it's right underneath the passenger side seat for location accuracy. Anybody?

HPIM1072.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 3.1cutlass

• AWeb80

• Andrew

my moms old 99 regal used to gather water there. the abs module is located under the passenger seat and the water fucked it up. the problem was the front windshield wasn't properly sealed from the factory.

ya if thats letting water thru u should prolly notice a nice soppy puddle there, or at least dampness. does your car smell like fungus? :lol:

Ya, his carpet has to be trashed if he's dripping that much water from that drain plug.

ya...it was pretty wet. I never noticed it because nobody sits over there, and it doesn't smell. I pulled the seat, and stuck the car wash vacuum hose under the carpet, got probably 60% of the water out. There aren't any "puddles" anymore. The foam padding is soaked on most of the passenger side. But the top of the carpet isn't soaked, only a little damp. I'm hoping the rain holds off tomorow and Friday so I can pull the carpet this weekend and dry it out. And THEN figure out where the leak is coming from. There are a couple possible areas. Sunroof, or it's coming in through the cowl via the HVAC system.

son bitch.

my guess is its coming from the cowl. there is a thread on clubgp somewhere about how to fix it. i think the title was something to do with installing a cabin air filter and there was info about it.

Yeah that is my guess as to where it's coming from. That seemed to be where there was the most water, in the front floorboard. I'll have to fix it before it rains Friday!!!!

I'm positive it's from the cowl. After searching clubgp, there are dozens of threads on this. My passenger side door doesn't leak, the sunroof doesn't leak(it did..doesn't anymore) so this is the only other option. I haven't ran the a/c yet this year so the a/c vents aren't clogged to stop water and make it leak inside the car.

I'll pop the cowl off tomorrow and see. Just hope I can get to it before it starts raining