wrecked my damn rim

meltboy1

So I am drivin home tonight, and I nail this huge ass pothole that I just didn't see til too late, but a huge ass dent in the rim and tire went flat instantly, I think the tire is still good, and I fuckin hope so as I just got em mounted yesterday... Now my question is... I saw a 91 I think GP at the yard, it has the gold xlace rims, I remember hearing something that the tgp gold xlaces are different, will this junkyard rim fit my stock tire size of 245/50/16?

I called the cops to file a report and they said I just gotta call city hall tomorrow which is what I plan on doin first thing.

O and to make things more fun, my trunk leaks aparently, just found out, so it was a bitch to get my donut out, which I didn't even realize was flat til I got it on, luckilly when I took it off and put air in it it popped back on the rim and I was able to make it home... WTF...

ya they are, and naturally the utica cops gave less than a shit, they just said to call city hall, and I doubt they will do anything with a police report about it... idfk, I'm just more pissed as I have these BRAND NEW TIRES with less than 100 fuckin miles on em and I possibly blew the new tire, and the xlaces are that hard to come by... looks like I'm hittin up vinces in the AM if the 91 rim will work...

ya, I did, but it's not really the point... it's just gona be more of a hastle and waste of time as I bought the tires online not at a store...

SE Michigan roads blow.

I hit a pothole (didnt even see the fucker) in my 08 MB E350 and it cost me $580 for a tire and rim. It had 5k miles on it.

No way I'm taking my CS vert out on any long drives until the patching crews make their rounds.

Meltboy, yes the 91 x-laces are the same as TGP rims. If they are gold and in good shape, you should pick up the entire set, as they are hard to come by.

1991 xlaces are the same as Nick said. There is one possible difference between them though... They might be a slightly different gold than the ones you have now. There are two different shades of gold used on them, one is a bit darker than the other.

I never did post the pic of it...

Surprisingly the tire was fine!!!

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

And the pothole that did it... it was dark and I just didn't see it til it was too late...

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

And NO the cones weren't there when I hit it... :P

I never did post the pic of it...

Surprisingly the tire was fine!!!

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

And the pothole that did it... it was dark and I just didn't see it til it was too late...

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

And NO the cones weren't there when I hit it... :P

. Ouch lol on the cones though. I have seen many rims like that. sometimes if you are very careful they will straighten but most of the time the aluminum cracks at the lip :eek:

just be thankful it was a stock wheel that is dirty cheap to replace

hell, the replacement one was like 10X dirtier,...lol

But I plan on cleaning em all this weekend if I got the time.