• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian P

• 19Cutlass94

• olds cutlass

• xtremerevolution

If all the acetone does is increase octane rating, then there shouldnt be any benefit, because...

Isn't a higher octane rating only helpful on higher compression engines to prevent predetonation? I'd imagine it would be detrimental to performance if you put it in an engine that's supposed to run 87 octane...

Thats's true, but using higher octane on something that doesnt need it wont hurt, but wont benefit either. Its just simply a waste of $. Don't go putting race fuel in though :lol:

Should say LACED with ethanol

<sigh> agreed

I gritted my teeth and bought a K&N air filter last week. Cant tell if there is a HP increase like they say although I try to take it easy now that gas is so high, but I did notice one thing, I got 433 miles out of a tank of gas. 420 miles is the most I ever got before.

I gritted my teeth and bought a K&N air filter last week. Cant tell if there is a HP increase like they say although I try to take it easy now that gas is so high, but I did notice one thing, I got 433 miles out of a tank of gas. 420 miles is the most I ever got before.

Good job getting that filter. They're definitely worth it and pay for themselves and then some over the life of your vehicle.

our premium around here is clean of ethanol....and so is 87....just 89 oct. is 10% ethanol.

I calculated one time (don't remember how I did it) that if you get more than 22-24 mpg using ethanol is cheaper even w/ the mileage loss.

• 3 weeks later...

our premium around here is clean of ethanol....and so is 87....just 89 oct. is 10% ethanol.

I calculated one time (don't remember how I did it) that if you get more than 22-24 mpg using ethanol is cheaper even w/ the mileage loss.

Now that you mention that, this brings up my next question....

Is it all the levels of fuel that contain this 10% or just 87 or regular? I said fuck it last time I filled up, and put 89 in the car ( we have 3 octanes here 87, 89, 93 ) and it seems like the car is running ALOT better. ( either from the gas or the computer has just really learned everything )

So is it just regular, or does everything contain 10%?

Now that you mention that, this brings up my next question....

Is it all the levels of fuel that contain this 10% or just 87 or regular? I said fuck it last time I filled up, and put 89 in the car ( we have 3 octanes here 87, 89, 93 ) and it seems like the car is running ALOT better. ( either from the gas or the computer has just really learned everything )

So is it just regular, or does everything contain 10%?

That depends on where you live and what brand of gasoline you buy.

It may be hit or miss here. The signs at the pump say that it can contain up to a certain amount. Regular 87 may contain up to 10% ethanol, mid grade may contain up to 5%, and premium contains no ethanol.

Son of a gun!

I found out QT (THE gas station here) started ethanol in the second half of last year. But apparently we have an odd summer blend here that contains no ethanol! :biggrin:

And I read that ethanol 10% mixes decline by 2% mathematically speaking in a best case scenario.