Getting vert prepped for windshield to be replaced

GOT2B GM

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS

All of the trim screws, wanted to strip out. Trying to find where all of screws were, fun to say the least.

And whats with all that crusty foam padding around the windshield, made a huge mess......

What do you use to replace that foam? I was gonna use foam weatherstripping meant for around the house....

A had to chisel / grind a few screw heads off that were fucked.

Any tips on how to prevent pressure point cracks in a windshield? Mine cracked from the pass side at the top. Don't need my new one doing that. The car came with the crack, but didnt have a STB either, maybe related?

Anyways Im having someone come this week to swap out the windshield, and hopefully I can figure out how to get everything back together.

/end rant

I had to pry a side piece off of the parts car...A screw had broken. It came off with no damage though and the offending screw has been removed.

what are you doing to resolve the "shrinkage" problem with the rubber trim around the windsheild at the blackout trim?

Did you find something that will interchange?

I have been looking into this to and I found the GM part number for the Foam and Tape kit vor the verts. It is 12513790. GMpartsdirect.com said it was close to 100 bucks.

thats what I wanted to ask.

I was talking about the rubber trim that fills the void between the blackout trim and glass around the outside of the windshield.

LoL, I bet Matt doesn't care if it shrinks a month from now, the car is as good as sold. Last he told me it was "hopefully" going to be gone this weekend to make room for his new DD.

Jamie

As for the shrinkage, I just put them back on. Yeah they were a bit short. Oh well.

I bought some 3/8 x 3/4 closed cell weatherstripping from Home Depot as a substitute for the "foam and tape kit"

Cost me $10.

The foam kit goes between the windshield and the outer windshield trim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...