Suspension mods are done on the Intrigue Pics Page 5

IRONDOG442

I got the struts finally, Chresrown Pontiac Buick GMC in Columbus FTW !!!

I ordered a strut tower bar and a set of trailing arms from them and they sent me a spare strut tower bar FTW !!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• slick

• jeremy

• Andrew

I got the fronts done yesterday more updates to come here is a picture of the strut loaded.

Since Intrigues were never meant to have strut tower bars the strut plates had to be ground down to accomodate for the bolts to pass through the strut tower, in order to secure the bar to the vehicle. I also had to modify my coolant reservior for clearance but the bar is there and works excellent. I will do the rear suspension and the upgrades there tomorrow.

Indeed here are some pics of the work happening. You can see in two of the pictures how bad the trailing arms were they were both bent like that.

• 2 weeks later...

back from vacation, while I was gone look what arrived, BTW the L47s on ebay are getting more affordable EVERY day !! Now for a ECM, cat back exhaust and new crate long block they are $1,700 a FUCKING STEAL. Economic Stimulus package and L47 Shelby Aurora 4.0 swap here Rob's Intrigue comes!!

I am trying to get my wife to cave and let me buy one. if my Lx-5 would just blow a head gasket or something it would be much easier.

I am trying to get my wife to cave and let me buy one. if my Lx-5 would just blow a head gasket or something it would be much easier.

Pour some coolant into the oil or something.

I cant allow myself to desotry an otherwise perfectly good engine.

I put my wheel bearings on this this this weekend. The damned half shafts were bonded to the hubs and I could not get them seperated. For fun I threw the Alero 442 wheels on the car. This set was obviously designed for a car with 255/60/15 wheels becase my speedo is off by this much.

The circumference of the P255/60 x 16 original tire is 88.1129 inches

The circumference of the P225/35 x 18 aftermarket tire is 76.0289 inches

Your speedometer reading is 115.% of your true speed.

The ratio of your old vs. new tires is 1.15.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without correction, your speedometer error will be:

Indicated speed: 10 mph. Actual Speed: 8.62 mph.

Indicated speed: 15 mph. Actual Speed: 12.9 mph.

Indicated speed: 20 mph. Actual Speed: 17.2 mph.

Indicated speed: 25 mph. Actual Speed: 21.5 mph.

Indicated speed: 30 mph. Actual Speed: 25.8 mph.

Indicated speed: 35 mph. Actual Speed: 30.2 mph.

Indicated speed: 40 mph. Actual Speed: 34.5 mph.

Indicated speed: 45 mph. Actual Speed: 38.8 mph.

Indicated speed: 50 mph. Actual Speed: 43.1 mph.

Indicated speed: 55 mph. Actual Speed: 47.4 mph.

Indicated speed: 60 mph. Actual Speed: 51.7 mph.

Indicated speed: 65 mph. Actual Speed: 56.0 mph.

Indicated speed: 70 mph. Actual Speed: 60.4 mph.

Indicated speed: 75 mph. Actual Speed: 64.7 mph.

Indicated speed: 80 mph. Actual Speed: 69.0 mph.

Indicated speed: 85 mph. Actual Speed: 73.3 mph.

Indicated speed: 90 mph. Actual Speed: 77.6 mph.

Indicated speed: 95 mph. Actual Speed: 81.9 mph.

Indicated speed: 100 mph. Actual Speed: 86.2 mph.

The car seems much quicker than it actually is LOL, but it rides and handles like a dream because there is virtually no sidewall.

You're just jealous you dont have $16,000 wheels on your car. And for the record the wheels are perfect size (18 inches) the 30 series tires are what appears small. :downsowned:

Yeah those wheels were meant for an Alero with p255/50/16s on it, so that tire size is setup for the Alero. The OSV Intrigue and Polar Bear Intrigue wheels I have that are 18"s are 245 series exactly what you said and that is the same circumfrence as OEM stock. The SC-3 Budnik 18"s have 45 series on them as well.

I WANT THOSE FUCKING WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are those the wheels from the Zebra car? Or do you have more than 1 set?

Yeah those wheels were meant for an Alero with p255/50/16s on it, so that tire size is setup for the Alero. The OSV Intrigue and Polar Bear Intrigue wheels I have that are 18"s are 245 series exactly what you said and that is the same circumfrence as OEM stock. The SC-3 Budnik 18"s have 45 series on them as well.

That post should answer it.