• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• hotrodolds

• J

• Venom

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember the GM code, I'll look at the paint book tomorrow, but I think the PPG code is 4009.

Hmm, not sure if I can have it mixed by PPG code... Im gonna be using DuPont Chroma-System paint.

I'm just curious do you have money for a paint job?

Not trying to be a dick, but wasn't there a bank after you before?

No, I understand man, but yeah, when I was off work from an injury they were after me. I gave them $1300 and we are all straight... Hell, im payed up and then some right now. Actually once I fax some paperwork to cancel a warrenty, $1700 is coming off my loan of I get a check for it, they said its up to me what I want to do..

I will be doing ALL prep work, blocking, and primer. All I need is for a place to lay the base coat, clear coat, and I will rub it out. I will prolly only be paying them $500 (thats the quote they gave me)

Looked in the paint book this morning, the GM WA number is WA5328/9243. I don't know what is up with the TWO numbers, though, so you're on your own for that. Might be two codes being the same thing. I really don't know. A decent body shop would know what is up, though.

What about body color rims, or bodycolor with a polished lip?

yeah that would def be sweet. polished lip is a must. i guess i'm interpreting your car as kind of a gunmetal already

Midnight blue would be the cats ass on that car.

Although, I like the gunmetal gray. Why change it.

lol @ 5speedz34, I almost used that avatar.

Mine is close to a gunmetal, but with a green ting to it.. Kinda looks different depending on the light

23U?? Is that what they started painting the Corvettes in about 2004??

I remember seeing several Corvettes in a deep deep blue that looked pure sex.

Ghoul PUT YOUR DAMN CAR BACK IN YOUR SIG!!!!!!!!!! much better looking!

Look at GM's new Dark Blue Metallic, thats what my truck is, paint code of 25U

Done.. I had to resize it cuz Crazy shot at me with his mod-gun.

Well, I made a simple decision the other day. My car is a 1996, meaning its old. Needs some minor bodywork and isnt worth the $1000 into paint.

Soooooooo, I am painting it all BLACK

Even funnier, it will be a multi stage paint, a ie, one body panel a day via DupliColor Acrylic Enamel spray paint :lol:

I layed a matte black base on my hood yesterday. I need to do a final sand with 1500 grit, lay some gloss black, sand with 2000 and then clear it. I figure 2 coats of clear will help the paint last.

Why am I spray painting, because I am DAMN GOOD with a rattle can!!! Its cheap, I buy the paint from AutoZone, rack up AZ Rewards credits, and I can take my fricken time, panel by panel and now worry about having my car down for a week at a time.

Prep and good sanding makes a difference, so that is where most of my time is spend, well, no most since it doesnt take long to prep a rust free body panel with stable underlying paint. Kinda a good smoothing sand/scuff and shoot.

have you done large panels with cans before? I only ask because I could never get a decent even coat on a large surface unless I use an actual spray gun. You can't find paint to match your original color for the hood?

have you done large panels with cans before? I only ask because I could never get a decent even coat on a large surface unless I use an actual spray gun. You can't find paint to match your original color for the hood?

Yeah, ive done some large panels like hoods before...

And spray paint to match my factory, lol, no... Ive tried. I do have a pint of paint to match that was specially mixed and I can have a local paint supply place put it into a rattle can for like $20 per can though... If I did that, I would have to have enough rattle cans to do my hood, front bumper, and door. My door is damaged some, so I need to get a new one.

And, I really thing a black CS looks badass, and i'm ready for a color change just to feel like I have a different car.

How many rattle cans does it take to paint a car??

I'll be keeping an eye on this, I have heard of more hair brained schemes. There is a guy on another forum I go to that paints cars with Tremclad and a paint roller, the real shocker is that his paint jobs win awards!!

Jamie