• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 88red4cyl

• ManicMechanic

• rockfangd

• 19Cutlass94

no, it's basically as if you had a vacuum leak. That hose being broken is allowing unmetered air into the intake manifold.

So the pcv problem has nothing to do with the excessive moisture in my crankcase?

So the pcv problem has nothing to do with the excessive moisture in my crankcase?

Your failed PCV could be causing BOTH the idle problems AND the excess moisture in the crankcase. Fix the PCV, maybe both problems disappear. Two birds with one stone.

Your failed PCV could be causing BOTH the idle problems AND the excess moisture in the crankcase. Fix the PCV, maybe both problems disappear. Two birds with one stone.

Yeah. If it's not working correctly and the engine isn't being properly ventilated, then that might cause the moisture issue. I can't say for sure, but definitely fix the PCV hose.

Yeah. If it's not working correctly and the engine isn't being properly ventilated, then that might cause the moisture issue. I can't say for sure, but definitely fix the PCV hose.

That's on my list for as soon as this snow breaks.. How hard is it to get to where the PCV goes into the intake? It looks like 2 bolts on the bracket holding the throttle cables, but I'm not sure how to remove (the cables look tight).. I am hoping that this helps my moisture issue, because something is making it worse than just short trips.. The LTZ has a little after a couple days of driving.. This car gets a bunch on the cap after just one short trip..

Actually wait, scratch this. I thought we were talking about a gen-2 2.8 or 3.1 (:lol:) Starting over...

The PCV line is tied into a vacuum line that connects to the gasoline vapor canister purge solenoid. The line goes from the PCV valve to the intake manifold, where that black bracket holds it down into a port with a rubber grommet. Then the line continues back, straight shot to the purge solenoid. Is it possible that the rubber grommet is missing? Has anyone tampered in that area (Throttle body removal, etc)?

Actually wait, scratch this. I thought we were talking about a gen-2 2.8 or 3.1 (:lol:) Starting over...

The PCV line is tied into a vacuum line that connects to the gasoline vapor canister purge solenoid. The line goes from the PCV valve to the intake manifold, where that black bracket holds it down into a port with a rubber grommet. Then the line continues back, straight shot to the purge solenoid. Is it possible that the rubber grommet is missing? Has anyone tampered in that area (Throttle body removal, etc)?

That could be.. I can't really see it because of the bracket covering it that holds the throttle cables.. I do know that if you move the line ever so slightly, the engine will either race, or sputter down to barely running..