Does anyone know if this would work? 4T60 --> 4T60-E swap

eclipse5302

Since I have a freshly rebuilt 4T60-E that I have no use for...

If I were to put a 4T60-E transmission in a car that used a 4T60 and placed switches on the shifter for every gear (1-2-3-4) and hooked those switches to the plug on the transmission, would it drive/run normally...assuming I have to up/down shift it all the time? For example, if I was in first, the shifter cable would say I'm in first, and the switch for first would be activated. Or in second, the shifter cable would be in second, and the second gear switch would be activated. This is bypassing ALL ecm control of the transmission (except for the TCC control...I'm guessing it can still control that OK). I'm thinking this would work just fine...just like a 5-speed without the clutch.

So would this work? Also, will the 4T60-E survive the HP and TQ produced by the Turbo 3.1?

Thanks for reading,

Jason

http://www.turboste.com

The shifts will not be very smooth, but it should work as long as you use the 4L60-E and not the 4L65-E. The trans fluid pressure in 4L65-E is controlled electronically as well. The 4L60-E fluid pressure is controlled by vacuum