Pics of your engine

tes87gn

I'm new to this board and I'm looking to purchase a 90 turbo grand prix I currently have a 87 Buick GN and I'm looking for another FUN GM turbo car but i can't seem to find any pics of the engine compartment anywhere so if you have some I would love to see them. You can either post them here or send them to my e-mail at: teddie87@msn.com

Thanks Todd :D

www.turbogpgarage.com

Here's a pic of the TGPs engine bay from the day I got it. :oops: It looks a lot better now though. :wink:

engine.jpg

holy shit, and people made fun of me for my custom intake, but a bottle of simple green and a couple rags will get that lookin 100 times better, hopefully you got it lookin nice

A few of them look like that when you first get them, some just dusty and the aluminum mat finished, but like most of us, that does not last long. A dirty engine bay is just another opportunity to dicker on the selling price. This is Kevin Hieder's TGP engine bay after I did some work on it for him:

Kevin%20TGP%20engine%20bay4%20smaller.jpg

Email me as I get a lot of TGP owners telling me when their car is for sale, right now I have one guy who has one for sale, and or course check the "For Sale" at the other TGP Talk Forum:

http://www.netavalanche.com/tgp/

Good luck hunting for another GM Turbo Car!!

Jeff M

:shock: Trade my GN!!! :) I am flattered for the offer but i could never let my National go for anything I love the car too much (even though it's a real pain in the arse sometimes). That's why i want another turbo car i just can't get enough punishment . Chris i know where your coming from I know all the guys at Anderson Performance here right outside Baltimore,MD and those guys hate working on the GN's day after day, but the end result is worth all the frustration.

Thanks guys

Well if you enjoy cars that can be a pain in your "arse", then you will truely enjoy the TGP. Took me almost a year to work the bugs out of my TGP and then sold it for $1000 less then I should have!! :lol:

A GN is a mechanic's dream compared to a TGP. Unless you're a diehard mechanic that likes puzzles and challenges.

Some day [probably after college] I'll own a GN or maybe even a TTA. :twisted:

hey fatguy, i went to your website and noticed the pictures of your 'wissota super street' that looks like the same style that i run, well i dont drive it but a good friend does and i work on the car, what kind of engine is that running? we got a bored voer chevy 350 in ours, shes pushing 391 horses and 6,500 rpms i think, if my memory serves me correctly, i love that car, ive only driven it around the yard and i think its pretty fast, kinda hard getting used to the 2-speed transmission though, heh

EDIT: the car we run is in the 'super stock' class, forgot to mention that

Guest fatguy

that is the air intake I made using a huge K&N air filter using the stock cold air setup. This didn't work worth a crap because the hoses kept collapsing. At this moment I don't have this on and just have the filter on the nose of the turbo. I decided to do some basic fluid dynamics and found this is better due to turbulance in the hoses, the length of run and the bends. This is giving WWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY better results. The speeds most of us are driving, CAI is a waste of money. Everyone says that you need it to keep the intake air temp down. Well, if the secondary fan isn't running to force air across the intercooler, than that $200 intake is junk. When a turbo compresses the air it dramatically increases the air temp. If you want a CAI, bolt a filter on the nose of the turbo, put a switch on the secondary fan, remove the AC condensor fins in front of the intercooler, and do other stuff to reduce the temp of the air AFTER the turbo, not before.