speed governor on a 94 GP SE?

pontiacmaniac94

okay, so i was messing around tonite on one of the local highways, middle of no where, decided to see how fast the car would actually go, it is a 94 gp, 2dr, with the 3.1 v6 blah blah blah.

so i got it up to 108, and then the car just kinda lurched forward, and slowed down to around 100 or so, confused, i tried it again, it did the same thing.

so is it a governor? i was only tacking like 4200rpm, so i had a way to go yet.

any thoughts? or is the car just that worn out?

PWNED by a Governor!

i was thinkin the car was too old for a governor....

Pwned by your thinking that old is old!!!!! :lol:

yeah... since around 90 or 91 I think.

I would have thought your car would be governed at 119, more likely yours is governed at 109. fuel injection is turned off if you car passes the limit.

PWNED by a Governor!

i was thinkin the car was too old for a governor....

Pwned by your thinking that old is old!!!!! :lol:

yeah... since around 90 or 91 I think.

I would have thought your car would be governed at 119, more likely yours is governed at 109. fuel injection is turned off if you car passes the limit.

LAME! i am pretty sure i had gotten the car up to 115, like two years ago, but i guess i was mistaken.

i just like how the HUD showed it past 100, that was a good feeling.

Well my teal 95 gp with the 3100 in it kicks off at 108 . But every now and then it will keep going past 108 Happend2 times. Not sure why. My black 95 never kicked off. Had it to 115-120 a few times. I think its gay my moms Kia Rio doesnt even kick off untill 120 lol. and its a 4 cylnder and you gotta find a big hill lol (not kiddign)

Well my teal 95 gp with the 3100 in it kicks off at 108 . But every now and then it will keep going past 108 Happend2 times. Not sure why. My black 95 never kicked off. Had it to 115-120 a few times. I think its gay my moms Kia Rio doesnt even kick off untill 120 lol. and its a 4 cylnder and you gotta find a big hill lol (not kiddign)

hmmm....i was thinkin the same thing. i was pretty sure i had taken to 115 before, but i was guessing i was wrong, but i am glad you have encountered the same thing....good stuff!

I just wanna know what caused it. I have noticed on ice to (ok i have fun in the big oparking lot lol) we had a praking lot here in town and we got about 2 inches of ice. Anyways i pas messing around and put it to the floor in the ice. And it Also Shut of here and there but Rapped it way passed 115 every now and then also. I wonder how we could disable it. Hummm

Yeah I've had the problem too. I can't get my car to go past 110, even though I know for a fact it can pull for quite a bit farther. How in the world do I disable this thing?

I just wanna know what caused it. I have noticed on ice to (ok i have fun in the big oparking lot lol) we had a praking lot here in town and we got about 2 inches of ice. Anyways i pas messing around and put it to the floor in the ice. And it Also Shut of here and there but Rapped it way passed 115 every now and then also. I wonder how we could disable it. Hummm

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

paragraph.gif

(original is here: http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/paragraph.gif)

paragraph.gif

you guys are lame!

:(

got to 117 in mine, didnt hit the governor. So i dont know what mine shuts off at.

Try it again some time. Who knows it might kick off at 108 lol

paragraph.gif

Sorry that you guys have to be ass holes really am. I have done nothing to you guys. So why be a dick head and post shit like that? You can understand what I'm saying obviously.

Sorry that you guys have to be ass holes really am. I have done nothing to you guys. So why be a dick head and post shit like that? You can understand what I'm saying obviously.

Please type better! and if you can't, firefox has an automatic spell check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then people will be nicer (maybe)

As for the limiter, I was always under the impression it was 108

I’m sorry guys. I did not mean to entitle anyone as a asshole. I am not stupid, Nor do I like it when you guys signify that I am. I do not need to download firefox so I can seem smart. I can take my time and type everything just as if I would if I was in an English class. But I am not in a English class. I am on W-Body.com it’s a cool place. I feel as if I can relax here. I did not know I needed to type like my English teacher. But I will. Or I can find some place that will accept me as I am. Sorry if I have misled you guys to thinking I am stupid. I don’t want to leave though. I don’t want any hard feelings I love you all here as if you were family.