• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• xtremerevolution

• 1990lumina

• Chancho

Not to piss on everyones parade but why do we need 13" brakes? 99% of our cars (mine included) braking systems exceed the amount of power our engines can put out anyway...

Save your money and modify your engine... then you MAY require bigger brakes!

Personally, I would consider w-body brakes to be almost dangerous.

I think that is ASININE. My brakes stop really well. Maybe it's just that whole 1st Gen thing...

Maybe it's just that whole 1st Gen thing...

Yes. My old Z was really terrible in this department. I would consider my new GP to be marginal to decent in this department.

Ive never had a problem with any aspect of these cars that people claim is shitty....

Maybe it's just that whole 1st Gen thing...

Yes. My old Z was really terrible in this department. I would consider my new GP to be marginal to decent in this department.

Ive never had a problem with any aspect of these cars that people claim is shitty....

Prolly because you haven't been in many cars that have very good braking...

My Lumina doesn't stop very well at all...you can push the pedal to the floor and it won't lock the tires. I think one of the cup seals in the master is leaking ,but it's not bad enough yet for me to want to replace it, as bad as that sounds.

Yeah..I honestly don't think the vacuum booster on the first gens was large enough...I am pretty sure mine works pretty good and very rarely do I feel there is fantastic assist. My engine might be not creating enough vacuum though..not sure.

i dont know, im pretty satisfied with my brakes on this car, concidering that i owned a Crown Vic twice previously (didnt learn my lesson the first time...lol) These brakes are pretty decient

so what year 13" mustang rotors are you guys talking about? cause i'll go buy one and make caliper brackets for whatever calipers i want to use and then sell a kit. i have some aluminum wilwood GMIII calipers that can fit the huge police package caprice pads that weigh 2# tops.

how about a 12" rotor to fit - late model W body? my girlfriend's mom has an 03 monte which looks like 12" brakes under the factory 16" wheels, i need to clear my crosslaces because i'm not giving them up. even one with a tad deeper hat to get things inboard a little for different wheels to clear.

Yeah..I honestly don't think the vacuum booster on the first gens was large enough...I am pretty sure mine works pretty good and very rarely do I feel there is fantastic assist. My engine might be not creating enough vacuum though..not sure.

It's the weak booster. Doesn't provide enough assist. A weak booster combined with multi-piston calipers isn't exactly a great combination.