Hitting fuel cut more and more often....possibly ignition?

GOT2B GM

It seems that for the last few months now, my TGP has been hitting fuel cut more and more often as time progresses.

It has not thrown any overboost codes, and now, it seems to want to hit fuel cut at anything much over 7psi. (Autometer boost gauge)

I had the OEM injectors ultrasonically cleaned and flow tested a couple months ago, and the fuel pressure checked out OK at the schrader valve. (40 psi) (Not sure about actual FLOW from the pump though)

The car is equipped with a KAZ Hot Tune chip. The car used to overboost with my old Jeff M chip, but not as often.

All charge piping is secured with T-bolt clamps and new silicone couplers.

All vacuum lines to/from the turbo, actuator and solenoid are 6 months old, with clamps or zipties securing them.

Plugs, wires, 02 sensor, coolant temp sensor, x-over, knock sensor, K&N cone, wastegate actuator and solenoid, fuel filter, 1.6/1 rockers are 1 year old or less.

I've just recently purchased an EP375 fuel pump brand new off of eBay, thinking that my fuel pump may slowly be dying? I have yet to install it.

I also have a brand new AC Delco MAP sensor ordered, thinking it may be related.

I have a brand new AC Delco O2 sensor waiting to be installed, and am considering dropping the $$$ on a new FPR.

What are your opinions? I'd like to hear what you guys think is causing this....

Also! I thought I'd add this in as well. When I'm starting the car when its cold, if it doesn't start on the first crank, I really have let it crank before it'll start.

No sputtering, just cranking. Maybe a lack of fuel? I have no fuel leaks. Maybe there's *just enough* pressure there to get it started right away but if not then it needs to prime more to get enough fuel?

Either it starts turn-key, or it'll crank for 10 seconds. Mostly turn key though.

Hope thats not too confusing. Thanks for the help.

jeff m had this problem once and had to trace down the wire to the source of the problem. it was some shielded wire or something.I vaguely remember him mentioning it but he solved the problem and restored proper timing cut and boost went back to normal. I had that problem too but got the jeff m chip in the other car now and its got a fresh build on it, good cam and everything and its not doing that for some reason. maybe someone else has a better idea of whats going on with that.

jeff m had this problem once and had to trace down the wire to the source of the problem. it was some shielded wire or something.I vaguely remember him mentioning it but he solved the problem and restored proper timing cut and boost went back to normal. I had that problem too but got the jeff m chip in the other car now and its got a fresh build on it, good cam and everything and its not doing that for some reason. maybe someone else has a better idea of whats going on with that.

that would be the CPS wire.

thanks for the replies, so you think it could potentially be a CPS and/or related wiring as well?

I just want this thing to boost properly again!

why would the CPS affect startup only when the engine is cold?... then again I guess I could ask the same about the fuel pump... I know in my case at least, when the car is warm, it starts on the first crank, but when cold, it takes some time, like it is not getting fuel at all?...

Hmmm..well I have brand new AC Delco MAP, Crank Position and O2 sensors so I'll install them and go from there, checking vacuum lines along the way.

Did the "hard to start" routine today. Going for a drive in an hr or so. Still thinking fuel pump, but Kenny thinks it might be ignition.....hmmmmm

Well, it still does it.

FWIW, my A/F gauge reads full rich when it starts stuttering.

Plugs are NGK Iridium TR5IX gapped at 0.040" (8000mi)

Wires are Taylor 8mm (12000mi)

TB was cleaned after I bought the car (12000mi ago)

try some stock plugs at .040 and see if it makes a difference. and a can of tb cleaner and spray it it in there with the throttle open. thats all I can think of for now. when I had the iridiums they did not last long.

Kenny (TGPilot) has suggested R42LTS's (stock) gapped at .028" due to the added boost running his Hot Tune chip.

Nobody has R42LTS's in stock so it looks like it's gonna have to wait till Mon or Tues.

At least I'm not the only one who made the Iridium mistake. :lol:

actually I think the gap was less, I forget. but those are the only ones to get, the r42lts's. I couldnt remember the part # till you said it.

oh yea DUH! I meant .035 gap. and maybe less if you got more boost I guess. .028 huh? cool.

I was so tired last night when I wrote that.

Found the plugs today, they had them hid behind the counter for some reason. Gonna try and find some time tonight/tomorrow to put them in.

Put the plugs in last night, gapped at .028" and still hesitates/stumbles above 7psi.....

Gonna try new wires next I guess. Any suggestions?

your sure your only getting 7psi of boost?? i see your from canada and i would expect your temps have been dipping lower and lower....you sure your not over boosting and hitting cuttoff?? gets colder and colder and it gets easier and easier to overboost = more and more cutoff

but if your sure your only getting 7psi then this can be ruled out