1990 Cutlass Vert Engine Swap??

vancutlass

I'm lookin to do an engine swap on my 1990 cutlass supreme vert. I'm looking for something powerfull that will turn my car into a sleeper. What do you guys recommend and also keep in mind that I have digital dash and in board computer so will compatability be an issue?

Much appreciated, Thanks.

the subframe in your car wont take a 3.4 without welding, or swapping out. the supercharged 3.8 (l67) will bolt in and work with a little wiring. the turbo prix 3.1 is all bolt in as well. just remember the stock 4t60 won't take tons of power. spray it with a 50 shot, it'll pickup

the subframe in your car wont take a 3.4 without welding, or swapping out. the supercharged 3.8 (l67) will bolt in and work with a little wiring.

Pretty sure it is the other way around

the LQ1 uses mounts on subframes 91+, 88-90 don't have accommodations for it

If you want swap advice specific to a '90 vert, you might want to talk to Pabz. Pabz currently has a engine swap going on with his '90 vert, but I can't remember what he's swapped under the hood.

the subframe in your car wont take a 3.4 without welding, or swapping out. the supercharged 3.8 (l67) will bolt in and work with a little wiring.

Pretty sure it is the other way around

the LQ1 uses mounts on subframes 91+, 88-90 don't have accommodations for it

I'll atest to that! My 88 subframe is different than the 92. There is an extra mount at the back passenger side of the subframe, which I assumed is to mount the 3.4 DOHC.

If you want swap advice specific to a '90 vert, you might want to talk to Pabz. Pabz currently has a engine swap going on with his '90 vert, but I can't remember what he's swapped under the hood.

Pabz did a 3400 5 speed swap into his car. I do believe he has it finished as it just putting the final touches on it(ie shift boot and knob, little htings.