• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• RobertISaar

• GP1138

• 93CutlassSupreme

A Redwood tree firmly planted in the middle of the road directly in the path of a 1st gen Grand Prix sedan traveling 80 mph would improve it I think.

:lol:

Now is when you should feel bad for me, cause i own one. I think it looks great as far as appearance goes. The motor is eh, its fun to drive but i think it has more problems than what its worth. Im having mixed feelings about getting rid of it. I think i might just buy a daily and completely go through the gp, do all the body and paint, go through the motor maybe swap it, 5 spd swap, some rims, and upgrade to a newer year interior

A Redwood tree firmly planted in the middle of the road directly in the path of a 1st gen Grand Prix sedan traveling 80 mph would improve it I think.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

1st gen GPs can go 80?!

Personally, I think the 1st gen Regal Coupes are so ugly, and conversely the cutlass sedan's have always been atrocious in my eyes. The lumina sedan looks good and the GP sedan isn't too bad (I am also a fan of the light bar). The GP and cutlass, by far, look better as a coupe though.

1st gen GPs can go 80?!

Well if if's the V6 it can....

Oh, it has to be a giant redwood. You know the kind that's big enough for them to carve a tunnel through? I want to make sure it smashes up that hideously gay lightbar they stole from the Sable.

1st gen GPs can go 80?!

Oh, it has to be a giant redwood. You know the kind that's beg enough for them to carve a tunnel through? I want to make sure it smashes up that hideously gay lightbar they stole from the Sable.

Vids or ban. :lol:

1st gen GPs can go 80?!

Oh, it has to be a giant redwood. You know the kind that's beg enough for them to carve a tunnel through? I want to make sure it smashes up that hideously gay lightbar they stole from the Sable.

WTF are you talking about :question:

Personally, I think the 1st gen Regal Coupes are so ugly, and conversely the cutlass sedan's have always been atrocious in my eyes. The lumina sedan looks good and the GP sedan isn't too bad (I am also a fan of the light bar). The GP and cutlass, by far, look better as a coupe though.

I agree the sedans are pretty odd looking. A Boomina Sedan with Z34 bumpers looks really nice though

i still say they shoudl have kept these RWD

They would not have sold at ALL. Considering they were competing with the the midsize sedans/coupes of the 90s.

Really? GM built the G-body and Chrysler built the Fury and it's clones for MUCH LONGER than they wanted because they sold very well.

They would not have sold at ALL. Considering they were competing with the the midsize sedans/coupes of the 90s.

Really? GM built the G-body and Chrysler built the Fury and it's clones for MUCH LONGER than they wanted because they sold very well.

True, however when these cars came out everybody was buying FWD family sedans. Since the theme caught on huge with the the Accord, Taurus and Camry my guess is that GM thought RWD was slowly dying and didn't want to be left behind.

1st gen GPs can go 80?!

Do that whole redwood tree thing and take a video! :)

True, however when these cars came out everybody was buying FWD family sedans. Since the theme caught on huge with the the Accord, Taurus and Camry my guess is that GM thought RWD was slowly dying and didn't want to be left behind.

I agree somewhat.

About RWD though, GM planned to introduce the W-body much earlier in the '80's, but kept on putting it off because of how well the G-bodies sold.

The Taurus was the best selling car in America in the early '90's. Before that, the G-body Cutlass Supreme was the best selling car.

1st gen GPs can go 80?!

Who will supply the grand prix sedan with the lightbar? :willynilly:

1st gen GPs can go 80?!

Who will supply the grand prix sedan with the lightbar? :willynilly:

Check you local salvage yard we have 2 or 3 in the one here lol.

• 2 years later...

I have a 1994 Lumina 3.1 Last of the 1st Gen W's

Better Seat Foam

Maroon fabric that doesn't FADE!!

Paint That actually sticks on the Urethane Parts (Bumpers)

Glass Headlights that don't haze up

15" Wheels as Standard Equip

ABS that actually works.

Trip Odometer as Standard equip

LOW FUEL LIGHT!!!

Replaceable Bulbs in the Climate Control

I actually Like the 4 wheel disc brakes on these cars... Maybe I'm weird.

I think these were a crowning achievement for GM most of their other body's fell apart. Typical GM self imploding interiors, and crappy paint....

I have a 1994 Lumina 3.1 Last of the 1st Gen W's

Better Seat Foam

Maroon fabric that doesn't FADE!!

Paint That actually sticks on the Urethane Parts (Bumpers)

Glass Headlights that don't haze up

15" Wheels as Standard Equip

ABS that actually works.

Trip Odometer as Standard equip

LOW FUEL LIGHT!!!

Replaceable Bulbs in the Climate Control

I actually Like the 4 wheel disc brakes on these cars... Maybe I'm weird.

I think these were a crowning achievement for GM most of their other body's fell apart. Typical GM self imploding interiors, and crappy paint....

STONE THE NOOB FOR BRINGING UP A 3 YEAR OLD DUNG HEAP PILE, LET IT ROT MAN, LET IT ROT!!!!

LOL I was searching on Lamp Replacement solutions for my climate controls. After yanking apart my dashboard and cursing about 5 billion times... I angrily drove to the junkyard and got a replacement.

I might try soldering in LED's. I also glued my Hood Scoop I mean Defroster Vent /Dash pad back down.. LOL

Yeah all of my first gen W brakes SUCKED to the point of SCARY. Thats three, 89 GP, 91 CS and 91 GP. All horrendously bad brakes. Parking brake only worked in one and thats cause I replaced EVERYTHING and even then it was mediocre.

Other than that, they did a fantastic job and I feel they made a very large jump from the shitty cars they replaced. Rustproofing was GREAT on these cars, none of my first gens had much if ANY rust, while the 98 monte and even my moms 2002(LESS THAN 10 YEARS OLD) have complete HOLES in the body panels and structural places like strut towers and rockers!