TGP... First one I have seen. DEAD!

Crazy K

1G5WP14V0LF291853 built 05/10/90 173653 miles. 1990, RED, PMIII, dark tan cloth, HUD w AQ9s, No sunroof, 3 remaining gold crosslaces.

Car is in Muncie Indiana It was towed in as abandoned, and has NO body damage. Yard says the car now has a junk title, so they would not sell it to me to restore. I asked about getting the entire drivetrain, they said $650.

TURBO IS FUBARED. the vains look like they ingested a couple nuts and bolts, large chunks are missing. The shaft had an estimated 1/8" in and out play and an increasing side to side play the further out it got.

INEPT people at the yard were not able to start it cause they were DUMBFUCKS. They will not allow the ignition to be tampered with... cause they "could" sell the column. said if they wanted me to start it I would have to pay for it first???? F^&* THAT!!!! Itr sounds like anything ingested may have fubared the engine. NO????

I was able to get the 2 remaining turbo badges from the car though.

1G5WP14V0LF291853 Rest In Piece.

they wanted $$$$ for the parts I asked about. no valance on the bumper, but the hood looked good, the proper grills were present, though they were shedding clearcoat.

I paid 25 for the two badges. couldn't resist a valuable sovenier, offer?

Let me clarify my question from above. the turbo is BADLY damaged... It appears to have had indigestion. Could this have caused valvetrain/head damage?

Screw the badges...that's what pockets are for

I do that all the time. But not when the car is PARKED at the office window!!!!!!!! I have a 1'x2'x2' box of nothing but badges!!!!

That TGP belonged to a member here if I'm not mistaken....or either two of them have been plastered with APC stickers. :redface: :redface:

Thanks for the VIN/info Ken, that's a new one to me. It didn't have the optional factory CD player in it did it?

EDIT: That car did belong to "kadoi" on here for sure, he's from Muncie, IN.

radio was gone. no way to tell? I did not look at the RPO codes. DOH!

I've seen 3 TSTEs, D's in Illinois and two at the same time at the same yard. somebody must of junked their hoard. wish I had collected their VINs.

but this was my first TGP I've seen in person.

Not to mention the second car owned and lost by a member. Maybe2fast's 90 lumina is in Parts Galore right now!

BTW... Automatic transmission. forgot to add that.

at 173k miles at least it went for a while, but $650!!! gimme some of that stuff hes smokin!!!!!!!!

I paid $225 for the whole car with only 140k on it. the red one in my sig. vvv

BTW... Automatic transmission. forgot to add that.

they all have automatics. and PM3.

but damn, those guys at the yard sound like real pricks. I do seem to remember seeing a similar car on here.. the APC banner pretty much defines the fate of that car...

I called the yard.

the hood is $150. thoughts?

BTW, I have stored a set of TSTE louvers I pulled, in case someone might just want to make their own TGP hood.

I also said I had talked to the original owner... and than the engine and transmission were toast. How much for all the parts minus the tranny and shortblock?

they said$250. SHOULD I?

I looked in Turbo sedan's swap thread, and the heads are very close. Does anyone think I may be able to just do such a swap onto a long-block and not do a shortblock swap?

and remember the turbo is damaged and has shaftplay. what will I have to do to get this replaced????

HELP ME CREATE A TOTALLY EVIL CAR GUYS!!!!

$150 for the hood is smokin some crack, i think i can get a new one from the body supply house for 120.

250 sounds ok but the damaged turbo bugs me. there could be chunks of impeller lodged in the intercooler to come out at a later date and destroy your engine. on the other hand, turbos are rebuildable and the rear manifold, crossover, downpipe, and charge tubes are getting harder and harder to find. just like 5 speed swap parts.

I figured that on the hood. BLAH....... it's not a brnad new car jackasses.

I had a LONG talk with Skalor. JOSH YOU IS DA MAN!!!!!

It sounds like I could get away with only purchasing the upper plenum, engine wiring harness, crossover rear manifold, BUSTED turbo, the ECM, radiator intercooler parts....

I read turbosedans thread on his swap, I think I may just use a long block from a NA car, since the heads are 99% identical, afterall I am not trying to make a Quartermile car, but I would like to have a little boost for fun. if is is an issue I could clearance the chamber on the regular head to achieve lower TGP compression.

i have a spare intercooler as it is and probably will convert mine to FMIC over winter so... if that one is bad or questionable don't pay them for it.

and the turbo could be a core to build a t28 off of.

Maybe2fast's 90 lumina is in Parts Galore right now!

seriously??

Yes. I got the chip!!!! :D

DID I MENTION I SAW THREE TGPs TODAY???????????????

numbers 2,3 and 4 for me. I will share the VINs... if psychomatt hasn't first.

any of them have a good hood, ken? i need one. i may have a bumper lined up from a member here.

also, i should be able to get to the junk yard tomorrow to grab that hud if you're still interested. it rained saturday, and i wasn't going to go lay in the mud to get my parts

any of them have a good hood, ken? i need one. i may have a bumper lined up from a member here.

also, i should be able to get to the junk yard tomorrow to grab that hud if you're still interested. it rained saturday, and i wasn't going to go lay in the mud to get my parts

talk to matt. they are his to deal with.