my95z34

you need to upgrade to 4 for the power and ground. bet that'll help a lot

I've mentioned the same thing to him at the Kensington meet. He has 4 guage running back to a distribution block, but I'm not sure what he has going on after that.

You ALWAYS want your ground to be as big, if not bigger than your power.

I've mentioned the same thing to him at the Kensington meet. He has 4 guage running back to a distribution block, but I'm not sure what he has going on after that.

Agreed. I have 4 guage running for the mono amp on the power and ground, and I haven't had a single problem.

As far as amps go, you usually don't need an extremely powerful amp. As slick said before, you can get insane dB levels with low-power amps. The speakers make the bigger difference, which is why my single 12" 600W RMS Kicker L5 hits a lot louder and harder than my dual 12" MTX 5500's (300W each RMS). The wattage rating on the speaker is merely how much power it can handle, not how loud it will get.

I vote that I bring graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate.

Hey man, if it helps his stereo out any, I'll bring the beer!

With an amp that hot, we could make some pretty good s'mores. :biggrin:

Agreed. I have 4 guage running for the mono amp on the power and ground, and I haven't had a single problem.

As far as amps go, you usually don't need an extremely powerful amp. As slick said before, you can get insane dB levels with low-power amps. The speakers make the bigger difference, which is why my single 12" 600W RMS Kicker L5 hits a lot louder and harder than my dual 12" MTX 5500's (300W each RMS). The wattage rating on the speaker is merely how much power it can handle, not how loud it will get.

while that CAN be true, the speakers ability to be loud does not always indicate how good your system sounds. or how much it can be enjoyed, and for how long.

dynamic lows come only from high excursion subs with lots of wattage. reason why is lower frequency bass consumes way more power than the spl bandwidth.

you will see when you step up in to the next realm of quality. having an earache will be less important than feeling your hair move. not to mention the massage!

yea i would check the ohms on the subs then see what your amp says for the max load it can handle if you got any other questions i work at a car audio shop so i can help with quite a bit of stuff

while that CAN be true, the speakers ability to be loud does not always indicate how good your system sounds. or how much it can be enjoyed, and for how long.

dynamic lows come only from high excursion subs with lots of wattage. reason why is lower frequency bass consumes way more power than the spl bandwidth.

you will see when you step up in to the next realm of quality. having an earache will be less important than feeling your hair move. not to mention the massage!

Yeah, I've definitely noticed a difference in the sound quality between the old MTX 5500's and the new Kicker L5. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Also depends on the efficiency of the speaker and how well it 'uses' the power thats being given to it. Also depends on the enclosure and installation.

thats why I designed my sub box with zero faceplate flex. sealed airtight with way too many layers of fiberglass and screws.

a little heavy but its lasted 5 years without breaking. 5 inch faceplate actually its not gonna break or flex anytime soon.

2056262_169_full.jpg

Also depends on the efficiency of the speaker and how well it 'uses' the power thats being given to it. Also depends on the enclosure and installation.

thats why I designed my sub box with zero faceplate flex. sealed airtight with way too many layers of fiberglass and screws.

a little heavy but its lasted 5 years without breaking. 5 inch faceplate actually its not gonna break or flex anytime soon.

2056262_169_full.jpg

Looks like toilet seat, no offense.

i run just a single 12" kicker solo baric L5 in a ported box with a 500W rms memphis amp and at our last comp. i hit 136.4db and i just upgraded to a 1000w rms amp and it should just push me over 138 or 139db maybe more but we will have to see

i run just a single 12" kicker solo baric L5 in a ported box with a 500W rms memphis amp and at our last comp. i hit 136.4db and i just upgraded to a 1000w rms amp and it should just push me over 138 or 139db maybe more but we will have to see

Wow...that's the same sub I have. I must be getting some pretty crazy db readings on the 1600W RMS amp. The amp is 1100W RMS @ 2 ohms or 800W RMS @ 4 ohms. How should I go about getting an SPL measurement for this thing?

I just want to say WOW!

I am totally amazed with the power from this amp. Plus at 2ohms, it doesnt even start to get warm, lol.

Now one question, should I keep the subs I already have, or get a box built for the T1 and use that instead? Which would sound better?

Thanks