Newbie needs help

Clarke33

Thanks, I had not been checking Yahoo. I called and left a message for the owner to give me a call. I didn't mean to spark a debate on 3.1 vs. 3.4 but it's entertaining anyway. I'm not really worried about extra maintenance because I have a nice workshop and plenty of tools. The car I buy will really be just a toy, to be used in the Spring and Fall. Most likely it will see less than 3 or 4 thousand miles per.

Anytime. I look out for fellow 'vert enthusiasts... My passion for these damned cars might be a little too deep. :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clarke33

• ManicMechanic

• DOHCRagtopguy

• IRONDOG442

I've been calling and calling but all I ever get is an answering machine. I don't know if the guy is out of town or what. Anyway I'm still looking and I'm trying not to let the money burn a hole in my pocket. The right one will come along at some point. I did sign up for a couple of months of unlimited VIN checks through AutoCheck. Actually, the one in Savannah checks out pretty good.

It took me 6 months to find my red-beauty.

Take your time. I think you'll have a larger selection when it gets a little cooler out or near Christmas when people need the money.

I had called on that one yesterday but the guy at the car lot asked where I was calling from, and when I told him North Alabama, he said I might not want to travel that far for that car. Also, the woman that has the car in Savannah finally called me back today and said she had been out of town and the car is still available. It is a 3.4 car but the more she told me the less I liked it. It has some rust visible, the A/C doesn't work, and she said she has to add a quart of oil every 500 miles because of a leak her mechanic can't find. The top works but will need to be replaced in the future.

Now, this is what I found last night and have decided to buy. The car had just been listed on AutoTrader.com when I stumbled across it. It is a '93 with 107,000 miles and is the color I was looking for. The owner has owned it since '94 and bought it with 10,000 miles on it. It has always been garaged and it looks very good in the pictures he sent. His story checked out when I checked the VIN on AutoCheck. It hasn't been wrecked and looks as if it has been well cared for. The owner is a commercial pilot and seems to be a by the book guy so hopefully I will be making the right decision. The car is a 3.1 car but I can live with that for the condition of the car. The only thing I really don't care for is the wheels. They are factory but not the 5 spoke which I think look much better. He was asking $3395 but said he would take a little less. I offered $3000 but he said not quite that low, so I'll see when I get there. Let me know what Y'all think.

THe teal car? That looks like a really nice car too. Say, you wouldn't mind sharing those pics and VIN with me, would you? I'd like to add it to my records...