• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EFFENDI

• pwmin

• ns87

• the-rage

Top Posters In This Topic

there is already a wire into the ac.. was thinking that is where it should've gone..

thought of rad too..... it may .. i just havent found it..

thanks for looking though.....

we're going to get everything going tomorrow....

maybe looking at it with fresh eyes will do the trick..

some more info in regards to that clip. it connects into a sensor? on the back side of the engine then the wire comes forwards with the other wires... so its gotta go somewhere i think... lol we could take pics of where it plugs in at the back if that would help too...

dont know what all the plugs look like but ill throw some out there, oil pressure, cam sensor, coolant level, thats all i can think of. good luck

it could plug into just about anything. could be the oil pressure sensor right near the oil filter?

we found it.

plugged into the icm.. apparantly there are 3 plugs into there

oh well....

turns out the lower rad hose necessary for the water pump on this engine is a different size then the old one

thats the next problem..

its a problem since all the stores are closed today.. and cantire doesnt have it

almost everything is in....

lower rad hose is still holding us up....

cantire guy this morning said he would order us one..

when we went back to cantire later.... they said they couldnt get us one... discontinued

that makes sense..... how could cantire not have a source for a lower rad hose???

one of the lugnuts on front wheel was stuck.. got rounded when we tried getting it off .. hammered a smaller socket on .. still wouldnt go.... so we ended up drilling out the stud.. now we cant get the new one in.... looks like we'll have to remove the hub...

WELL.. the engine runs great..

thats a relief....

too bad i've got the brakes apart or i could give er a spin.... and the major leak on the return fuel line.... that slows me down a bit too..

now i feel like a bag of crap though.. know when you get those colds or flus when all of your skin turns very sensitive... like a full body burn..

just developed that over the past couple hours..

maybe i poisoned myself...

if i stop posting altogether .. send help..

thanks

there is a cutout at the bottom... but the hub needs to come off first...

stud is still about a 1/4" too long to get in

Cut the stud off with a hack saw and then push it outt he back through that cut out..then go to GM and get the shorter stud that doesn't require hub removal - worked fine for me.

sounds great... i'll check that out once i regain consciousness

Should work fine with the shoter stud if you have factory wheels..if you are using spacers already then you might wanna fix it with the original stud ol

well.......

we drove it yesterday..... sounds like a bomb.. (no muffler)

rides awesome....

when we got back to my place .. we found a few leaks..... one is lower rad hose.... new clamp needed

the other is brake fluid..... but it was a sweet drive... bit late to take it out in the neighbourhood though... after 11pm riding around on a september 2004 plate sticker with no muffler or hood

am i ever tired again...... another 4 hour sleep night........ must be getting old..... used to not be a problem....

well.... we've replaced the rear brake lines.... the new muffler is on.......

we started the car up

started real nice...

now we've developed a mysterious leak from back of engine.....

looked on the common problems page .. oil pump drive seal ?? it could be

very decent spray running off of the back of the transmission plate at back of engine compartment..

there is lots of oily residue under the throttlebody on top of the bellhousing area..

was soooo disappointing when it leaked that much after we thought we were in great mechanical shape