Average gas milage on a 3.1??

stryker

My friend bought a new Toyota Camry for his wife, and she "forgot" to change the oil, and after 24, 000 km, sure enough, the engine blew. So i would be extremely hesitant to leave my oil in for 50, 000.

Like I said before, were arguing over a couple hundred dollars extra spent over a hundred thousand km. I'm sure most of us have dropped this kind of money on car wash soap alone, or new parts every day. So if your looking to save a few bucks, in my opinion, you should do it somewhere besides your motor oil.

One of my dad's best friends hadn't change the oil in his Ford F150 for 50,000 miles and his engine blew too. Had to buy a new car because it wasn't worth the cost and labor of a new engine to him.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• Crazy K

• xtremerevolution

• pitzel

My dad roasted the engine on a brand new mazda mx-6... I'll let you high-school chemistry experts guess why

He didn't change the oil on time?

My dad roasted the engine on a brand new mazda mx-6... I'll let you high-school chemistry experts guess why

I resent that... I have a 4 year college degree in chemistry...

he forgot to put the drain plug back in ?

i go every 3,000 miles with regular castrol 10W30. Fram oil filter(hasn't failed on my in 5 years) $15 per oil change. big deal. Had 150,000 on my 3.1 which got used daily, and driven hard at times, and didn't burn at all to my knowledge.

i go every 3,000 miles with regular castrol 10W30. Fram oil filter(hasn't failed on my in 5 years) $15 per oil change. big deal. Had 150,000 on my 3.1 which got used daily, and driven hard at times, and didn't burn at all to my knowledge.

154,000 on my 3.8 and I **always** drive it hard. Doesn't burn any oil at all. I used regular oil till 100,000 miles and fully synthetic from then on.

he did donuts till the engine overheated and boiled the oil???

If this is a sarcastic jab, (and this is an honest question here--->) wouldn't a rotary engine have different oil burning/particulate characteristics since it's a different kind of engine altogether?

If this is a sarcastic jab, (and this is an honest question here--->) wouldn't a rotary engine have different oil burning/particulate characteristics since it's a different kind of engine altogether?

The MX-6's aren't Rotary are they? I thought just RX-7's and RX-8's