92 GTP 14 way seats in 95 GP

Bri-Guy-GA

What is involved to swap the front and back seats from a 92 GTP into a 95 GP? I found a mint on in the local PAP and was thinking about how comfy those leather seats look and felt. I see the controls are in the console, which is diff from my 95. Anyone done this?

Back seats as in rear buckets? it was a breeze! Direct bolt in, you take out the stock seating, and then put in the rear buckets, the back peice hangs on 2 hangers and then gets to bolts on the bottom. The seat bottom slides into place and then there is one bolt that holds it in place on the front.

You will need the pass through panel from behind the seats. And if you opt to use the console between them, use something like JB cold weld to attach the mounts, DON'T drill holes to bolt the console in... gas tank is right below there, lol.

As for the front 14-ways, I haven't done them, but Q-ball has had problems getting a seat/controls combo that works. I think he is just having bad luck. Providing all wires are in tact it should also be a direct bolt in. It just plugs into the power line for your regular power drivers seat. You will either need to use the 92 center console, or custom mount the controls.

Jamie

Thanks for the help. That is what I am afraid of. I doubt the wiring is there as I don't have the HUD/DIC wiring either. I do like the idea of the pass-thru though. Might have to get the whole thing and see what I can make work for the controls when I have funds available. Don't see many GTP's in the yards here.

If you don't already have power seats, all you would have to do is run a 12v power line to under the drivers seat. If you DO have a power drivers seat, its all plug and play. They use the same power source. That being said when you pull the AQ9s out of the car in the wreckers, just pull up the carpet and pull that power line too. Would be a bit more work, but at least you would know how it goes in!

Jamie

It just comes from the drivers side power seat. I havent had much time to play around with mine. Mine were working, than I decided to start swapping seats. Oh the fun.

You need the air hoses between the driver and passenger seats as well I think.

I've never seen under them, but I just assumed that the passenger seat had its own air supply. Maybe Jason will chime in on this one, he has a dozen or so of these seats laying around in various stages of dis-repair.

Jamie

You need the air hoses between the driver and passenger seats as well I think.

I've never seen under them, but I just assumed that the passenger seat had its own air supply. Maybe Jason will chime in on this one, he has a dozen or so of these seats laying around in various stages of dis-repair.

Jamie

I don't know 100% either, but C-BAD told me (when I was planning a swap for the Lumina) that the driver's seat had everything under it and it shared the air pump with both seats. I could be wrong though!

You will need ALL the wiring for the AQ9's. The wiring will run from one seat to the other with the compressor being in the driver's seat. The air hose will run from the driver's to passenger! Those seats are NOT Light just so you know when u pick them up. Make sure you grab all the wiring in the console aswell for the seats. Should be an easy enough install once you have everything. Will need to run the wires/air line under the carpet tho.

Sounds like it would be easier to get a 92 and put a 95 nose on it. Thanks guys.

And I shall call you Q-ball :lol:

Learn from his mistakes, its not easier, lol

Jamie

Sounds like it would be easier to get a 92 and put a 95 nose on it. Thanks guys.

NOPE! it's easy....honestly it's NOT HARD, a couple connections, lift the carpet, it's done...I'm thinking 3-4 hours tops.

Disconnect everything under the chairs. Remove them out of the car, it will make it more room to work in. Than remove the center console. (Carefully note where the AQ9 controls are plugged in. Bring tape a marker to label them. Just go 1-1, 2-2, etc. The hoses will be under the carpet, it will be a pita to pull it from front to back to see the lines. The hardest part is getting the carpet from under the pedals. Once the carpet is peeled back just open up the black plastic trays and find the wiring. Once thats done, your off to installing it in your car.