Need Help with Subs and Amp:

Nick1234

That there reinforces exactly what I said.

At one point or another you are sending a clipped signal to the speakers.

A clipped signal in essence is straight DC current. When it hits the sub, the sub goes to full excursion on way or the other. Which is precisely what you are seeing... Thats the indents.

Be glad you havent ruined it yet, now set your gains accordingly...

Garret take note ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick1234

• Puggsley456

• 19Cutlass94

• slick

Ok, going over this thread again and skipping over some blatant stupidity, I noticed something.

You say you bought the 11KV2, you stated D2. -> 3rd page "dual 2 vc." But you also state this right after that "4 ohms each making it an 8 ohm speaker"

So what you got is 2 Ohm Coils.

With your amp, you need a bridged final load of 4 Ohms. If you truly have dual 2 ohm coils, you cant get a 4 Ohm load between them all.

I advise unhooking the speakers from the amp and testing the Ohm of them. It will be a DC resistance measurement which should give you a close approximation to its AC Impedance brother...

I see you Ohmed something out earlier @ 1 Ohm. If your speakers were connected to the amp this measurement is FALSE. Whatever you are Ohming MUST be out of the crcuit for proper measurement...

how exactly do i get a bad signal?

Well you start with a LOC.

The gains on which are set improperly to high. Which starts a clipped signal... Which is sent to the amplifier, in which wasnt sound good so you turned it up even louder. Clipping the signal even more.

Ya I am having issues with mt car, It was idling high and when the bass hit the check engine light would come and the idle would severely drop but the voltage stayed above 13v. Then it got so bad I couldn't go any further.

Thats your car trying to stay afloat. I believe the ignition shuts down when under 10 Volts...

my expierience with gms is 11.2 volts is ignition shutdown, seems to be that way with all gms. :dunno: