How to get into a locked trunk with no power and no keys?

Q-Ball

There's a car at my junkyard here that I want to get into the trunk with. The car has the charcoal AQ9's that are somewhat broken, but I'm gonna get them plus the rear buckets, headliner with sunroof, and rear passage way behing the rear buckets.

Anyways, the keys are gone, so is the complete steering column. I tried connecting a battery to the terminals, but it does nothing. Seat doesnt move nor the switch in the glove box works. The seats do work with a battery connected to the power under the seats. So I will be able to get drivers seat off. But now my concern is the trunk. I stashed some stuff in there a while back, but since then, the cars had its drivers door removed and the trunk closed. So if anyone has any idea's what would work, please let me know.

can you pick it?

Uhh never tried. I doubt it would work well. haha

screwdriver? pop off the lock and then turn the latch

So get under the lock and pry it out? I dont want to fubar so I cant get in either. :willynilly:

lol @ Jason

If your taking the whole interior, just get the stuff out of the trunk when you pull the back seats and pass through!

So this will be what? your 6th set of AQ9s? share the wealth man!

Jamie

if you put a flat head between the trunk lid and the bumper and slide it along the bottom half of the lid you will catch the riveted in lock clip, when it catches on the clip, hive it a nice whack, Doesnt damage anything at all and works for me every time. but it only works once unless you put in a new rivet. I usually put a locking nut and bolt :mrgreen:

Remember, I am not a small person... :lol:

I'll see if I can squeeze in the back. If not, im smashing the lock off. And this will be my 2nd set of AQ9's. These ones are untested though, and if they dont work, I'm just gonna swap what I got over.

Go in through the back seat?

The first thing that comes to mind is Ace Ventura squeezing out of the back side of that elephant or whatever! "Aaaaaaall righty, then." :lol:

You can bust the lock off of pry along the bottom. 2 guys at a jy showed me and my buddy how to do it. They were pretty fast, i had a feeling they used their skill other places than the scrapyard lol!

Alright guys, I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. :twisted:

If you read this before you go to the wreckers call me! I need something!

Jamie

Well, I just took the seats out and all that crap behind them and peaked in. The hood louvers were gone, but the mesh and drip pans were still there. Atleast I didnt waste my time trying to bust it open.