• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• 19Cutlass94

• 97loudcut

• Brian P

i dont see why some people have to get so uptight about the modded 2.8 idea

x2

cause the motor sucks and theres better ways to spend your money. By the time you get done with the 2.8, youll have the power ofa stock 3400 :lol:

THANK YOU.

Give me ONE good reason why it's a good idea to use the 2.8 over say the L67 or 3400, 3500, 3900, etc? You can't use "well, I already have the 2.8" since apparently cost isn't a problem.

THANK YOU.

Give me ONE good reason why it's a good idea to use the 2.8 over say the L67 or 3400, 3500, 3900, etc? You can't use "well, I already have the 2.8" since apparently cost isn't a problem.

i did not say it was a good idea. im just saying if you want to have something unique and have some money to dump into it, why not? hell i say we just shut up about it and let him do what he wants. it will be nice to see a fast 2.8 on here.

a "fast" 2.8 would be able to run with a stock 3400, and thats not very fast if you ask me.

tell you what, I'll quit saying that it is a dumb idea if someone here builds a 2.8 for $5,000 or under that can lay down 240WHP, and be reliable, no nitrous. in a w-car, automatic or manual.

a "fast" 2.8 would be able to run with a stock 3400, and thats not very fast if you ask me.

tell you what, I'll quit saying that it is a dumb idea if someone here builds a 2.8 for $5,000 or under that can lay down 240WHP, and be reliable, no nitrous. in a w-car, automatic or manual.

now where the hell did $5,000 come form? i just said it could be done IF you have the money to dump in to it. if you did everything you could to a 2.8 it would be faster then a stock 3400. no one is going to do it anyways so im not going to waste my time going on and on about it.

wow,

i started this thread to see if something was possible and its turned into some kind of bastard 2.8<3400 thread. cant we just love all GM motors the same???

huh, computers suck for sarcasm, don't they?

wow,

i started this thread to see if something was possible and its turned into some kind of bastard 2.8<3400 thread. cant we just love all GM motors the same???

its not a big deal, im not mad or anything, just makeing a point.

wow,

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,56174.0.html

yours turned into a 2.8 hating thread

P.S. now after reading this you know what i want to do to my motor

anything else you'll give or just stop the hating

240 whp for $5000? thats cheap :lol:

Well for about 5k or under I can get a complete L67/4t65eHD, and all the parts to swap it, plus have some cash left over for mods, and should be able to hit very close if not to that number.

What? If you are implying that I am "hating" on the 2.8 you are wrong. It is decent reliable transportation. but thats about it.

I'm done with this thread, I'll be back when a 2.8 can be fast.

Well for about 5k or under I can get a complete L67/4t65eHD, and all the parts to swap it, plus have some cash left over for mods, and should be able to hit very close if not to that number.

What? If you are implying that I am "hating" on the 2.8 you are wrong. It is decent reliable transportation. but thats about it.

Ingredients for a fast 2.8:

1.) Length of strong rope

2.) '97+ GTP w/ trailer hitch

Step 1: Tie the rope to the cradle of the 2.8 car

Step 2: Tie the other end of the rope to the hitch on the GTP.

Step 3: Get in the GTP and slam the gas.

I don't want to get technical but... doesn't towing with a boosted car make things kind of weird...

Yes the answer to anything and everything is L67.

You guys like really, REALLY need to get out more. GM has engines out making as much, or more power, without a blower. Why has it become like the end-all be-all solution to anyone's desires up in here?

well, this is a bit off topic but i didnt know the 3900 was a 60*motor. when do you think that'll become a popular crate motor?