• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FordBoy

• pwmin

• digitaloutsider

• Euro

if not i could use a 3100 or a 3400 top end

i think?

Only if you swap over the heads as well. You will need custom length pushrods, and a few various odds and ends that arn't normal.

thats what i'm saying. 2.8 (3.1 after you bore and stroke it) with 3500 top end except for 3400 intake manifolds (the parts listed on the previous 60*V6 link)

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,54992.0.html

Keep the 2.8 crank. It'll rev a bit quicker.

true. im just starting to rattle w/o thinking so i better stop :lol:

no i like the imput

oooooook... I am doin this from memory cuz I looked and can't find this old book detailing factory build up of engines including a 2.8. one of the things I do remeber is the oiling system was designed with 7000rpm in mind. in the book they were going for a certian class limiting engines to under 3.0L the final result was an n/a 225hp. a competition block was used w/ 91mm bore and stock 2.8L crank extesive work was done on this engine so that it could see sustained high rpms all parts were from the GM parts bin... in that same bin are some racing pistons with 12.5:1 compresion ratio in std./+.5mm/+1mm overbore... I know you said you want to use the 2.8 but I have to say the new high feature 60* V6s make my mouth water (aka droooool)!