Convertible Performance

peeeot

There are lots of things I haven't touched. o2 sensor, crank position sensor, coil packs, for example. All I've done engine-wise is replace spark plugs with autolite platinums, replace spark plug wires (had the originals) and install a magnaflow converter in place of the old rattler.

I've had a generally bad experience replacing sensors in my cars. It has made me very hesitant to replace the working ones on the cutlass, because I fear the "new" ones won't operate as well as what's in there already. I used to have a '95 Camaro 3.4 on which I had 3 hi-res crank sensors go erratic in a matter of a couple weeks. It was inexcusable. I don't think I'll ever buy another aftermarket sensor, but my confidence even in the quality of the GM replacement parts has been shaken.

I could check the resistance in my coils but my multimeter is sporadic at low resistances, so I don't know how reliable the results would be.

Not sure what else would need checking. I'm due for an oil change, so I plan on a general check-up when I do the change.

Are there any other specifics that I didn't mention worth looking at?