00-05 Monte Turn signals and hazards don't work.

KCFITZ78

2004 Monte Carlo LS

Was driving today and the turn signals didn't work. I pulled off the road and put on the left turn signal, it lights up on the dash,front of car and rear of car but does not blink. Also same thing when I use the right turn signal. Then I tried the hazards and all bulbs light but do not blink. What is this about and is there a solenoid I need to replace or relay???

The flasher is integrated into the hazzard switch. The hazzard switch is notorious for failure in the 00+ Impalas/Montes, so that'd be the first thing I'd check...

Where is the flasher located on an '04 monte?

Found this:

The flasher is an integrated module for both turn signals and emerg. flashers. It is located in a junction block that is mounted on the firewall to the left of the steering column under the instrument panel. You have to remove the sound insulator panel and the lower steering column cover to get at it.

Is this correct? Will find out soon enough.

If you take out the gauge cluster of the dash its right behind that on the right side of it you can push the whole assembly through the front of the dash if careful, "Lucas" electric made the flasher unit as in the English Prince Of Darkness...same reason Limeys Drink Warm Beer, dont know why...it's because they have Lucas refrigerators.

on my car one is right below the steering column, behind all the wires. I had to really climb below my dash, but its easy to get off/on

Completely different on the 00+ Chevys. There's one flasher and it's integrated into the hazzard switch. Hint: Locate the large button on the dash with the red triangle on it. Remove and replace the whole assembly. On the Impala, the whole dash bezel needs to be removed in order to access it, the Monte should be no different.

http://www.impalahq.com/HowTo/Dash.html should get you in the ballpark...

Bought from gmpartsdirect.com. They are cheaper than the dealer ($45.00).

GM Part #10359032, SWITCH

SUBTOTAL: $25.78

PROCESSING & HANDLING TOTAL:$9.95

ORDER TOTAL:$ 35.73