Zero compression #'s 3&4

z34Phoenix

im working on a GTP with the l67 (3800 SC)

for history on the project go here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2523523/2

Compression check failed! ran twice with diff gauges

(new plugs alread in #104's)

#1 plug had fresh oil 150psi

#2 plug had fresh oil 170psi

#3 Plug Clean 0psi

#4 Plug Clean 0psi

#5 slight oil on plug 170psi and 210 on sec test

#6 slight oil on plug 170psi

the gauged didnt even wobble. the only ideas i have that could reproduce ZERO compression on a cylinder are,

-nice size hole in piston. but there was no sign of debre on the plugs that were in the engine

- valve not sealed 100% ie bad spring or stuck rocker/lifter. can the hydrolic lifters freeze up?

my next step is to pull the valve covers and inspect the top end. if this is no go, then i will be tearing down the motor. SC and intake will be getting ported while out. and then i can inspect the underside of the heads.

anyone else have ideas what could cause ZERO pressure reading on a compresion tester? i tried two diff testers one brand new. same results. as you can see it is the two center cyliinders that lack compression... this gives support to the detonation theory of that 3.25 pulley. cause the inner cylinders would be the hottest. well any advice what to look at next would be great. it will prob be a week or so before i can pull the valve covers and inspect the rockers and springs.