[PICS!!!] Diamonds are forever! three 12"s? oh wait and HIDS!!! (REAL ONES)

sclary18

A guy came into my work the other day with 2 Diamon 12's (don't know the model, looked top of the line though) and a huge amp with all the inner workings showing and a 6.0 farad cap. Probably one of the cleanest looking installs and cleanest sounding bass I have heard in awhile.

Nothing compares to JL, and I don't care what you say.

i used to be all jl untill i met MTX...

Wait, you took MTX over JL.

wow.

Wow is right...I can think of mid range JL's that blow any MTX out of the water.

Have you ever even heard a 13W7 properly powered? There are few subs out there that sound better.

I might get a soundstream XXX 15 this guy has for sale. I could get 2 if I wanted. He wants $600 a piece.

.....now thats a real subwoofer.

Sell one to me for half the price pretty please!

I might get a soundstream XXX 15 this guy has for sale. I could get 2 if I wanted. He wants $600 a piece.

no-kay

no-kay

Darn. Well, it was worth a shot lol.

no-kay

Darn. Well, it was worth a shot lol.

I might be able to talk him down to 5 or something.

as you all know, I sell stereos and Rims and more.. I don't just pick a brand by sound quality alone, cuz I am not rich along with my customers. I prefer MTX over JL because you can get 2 12" MTX 7500s, compared to 2 JL 12W3s for half the price, and the 7500s sound better. I don't think the W7 is worth the money at all. A Buddy of mine has 1 13.5W7 powered by a JL 1000 and it reall doesn't sound all that great compared to a couple 9500s for half the price. Price-wise I'll take MTX over any other brand out there, to match up quality of sound with price.. And dont think I wouldn't buy anything JL, I used to have 3 JL subs before the diamonds, and currently i have JL 6.5s

Check out this link to compare MTX vs. Some of the competion. Be sure to scroll to the bottom right and click "GO"

http://www.mtx.com/Flash2/volume_displacement.cfm

mmmmm-kay I just compared the 15 MTX to the jl 13W7 and Im still coming up with the same result. MTX SUCKS.

absolutely no comparison, according to your little program there bud. :lol:

??? twice the excursion. .....whoops

mmmmm-kay I just compared the 15 MTX to the jl 13W7 and Im still coming up with the same result. MTX SUCKS.

well, would you honestly pay $250 more for the JL13W7 just for 0.03 db?

I honestly did, like almost 5 years ago when JL first came out with that woofer. and to this day there is honestly no better design ever fathomed by any manufacturer in the world I am aware of. Boston's SPG 555 is creepin, but its hard to take a "racetrack" shaped cone seriously.

2056262_1_full.jpg

jeez you guys get on like this and i am almost happy my buick got stolen with 2 12" Alpine Type-R subs in the back.... i would hate to hear what you guys thought of a pair of subs that could shake the rust off the rear frame of that car... :lol:

I honestly did, like almost 5 years ago when JL first came out with that woofer. and to this day there is honestly no better design ever fathomed by any manufacturer in the world I am aware of. Boston's SPG 555 is creepin, but its hard to take a "racetrack" shaped cone seriously.

2056262_1_full.jpg

Didn't your shit get jacked?

I still got my sub. they didnt get that. I have taken more measures on security. dont let the tweekers rule the way you live your life. there is always the possibility it will get jacked. but if you put up more cameras, have a good alarm with a pager, and keep shit out of sight/out of mind. maybe they will walk on by to the neighbors. or better yet, maybe you will catch them in the act!!! wouldnt that be fun!?! :twisted:

I like my JL, got a great deal from my brother, though, but it sounds really good. you also have to consider what's powering it, because im using a crappy amp right now since i blew up my good one, and theres a world of difference between the two. although Im sure you guys already know this :lol: