Converti-holic's Anonymous: own a vert? tell us who you are what you've got

Crazy K

THREAD GOAL: there are many convertible owners out here, I want this thread to be a simple introduction thread. a quick pic would be fantastic, simple tell us who you are, where-abouts you live, and what you got! Remember, a full introduction belongs in members rides!

I'm considering making this a stickie... keep it on topic, since this is intended to let our members know who each other are.. as such, I prefer excess discussion to a minimum here to preserve the intergrity of this thread. Thanks!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• Crazy K

• ManicMechanic

• GutlassSupreme

Hi, My name is Ken.

I absolutely hate convertibles, they are noisy, windy, cold, and leak. I am proud owner of 3!

I own a 91 CS vert, black with black top, originally red interior, but getting a mix and match interior replicating the 88 pacecar. I also am adding the front pacecar 'ram/dam' bumper, and putting on pace car rims(REAL ONES!) It has a 3.1, currently under the knife to have a 282 tranny installed. the car is a hugh mess and an ongoing project. rims right now? concrete blocks. :lol:

I also own a 92 vert, white with red interior, with a 3.1 bought cheap with rod knock. it just underwent a transplant and got the entire driveline out of my dismantled 222k mileaged lumina. thats right 222k on an original motor and tranny, probably never rebuilt, installed as a unit. How far can it go? rims? sawblades.

Picture890.jpg

I'm currently driving my 93, which is black on black on dark graphite. Added HUD, added 3.4 convertible rear buckets and console, and sporting a red fender and red door at this time. rims? sawblades.

Picture481.jpg

Oh yeah, I travel all the time but kind live in cleveland, and kinda live in Indianapolis area as well. but I'm all over as many of our members can atest.

the best pic I have of all three at this time is in my sig, but the center car ain't mine. It's Psychomatt's.

Matt here, most of you guys know me, ive been here for a while. I've had my vert for a little over three years. I bought it to replace my 88 Cavalier Z24 convertible (which i still miss), and a big part of why i wanted a cutlass was the fact that it had a roll bar :lol: anyways, the first winter I had it a tranny hose came off, and i fried the gears, second winter was a timing belt, and last year the whole engine went kaput. I've spent too much money on her, but I plan on keeping her for a long time.

'94 Cutlass Supreme Convertible, lip spoiler, quad buckets, 3.4 DOHC

Tranny- ~125k miles

Engine- ~60k miles

Body- ~115k miles

Odo- ~205k miles

Engine:

FFP Poly Dogbone

K&N air filter

Opened airbox

96 LQ1 block with 94 cams and intake

Relocated coils

Interior:

UB3 Digital Cluster

Driver Information System

Heads Up Display

Shifter boot

Blue interior lights all around

Exterior:

Debadged

tint

removed side bump molding

tinted front and rear side markers, third brake light

Alessio F1 19" wheels with Oldsmobile center caps

Pirelli PZero Rosso 245/45/19 tires

W-Body.com rear side window decals

Audio:

Blaupunkt MP3-CD reciever

JVC 250W amp

JL W0 12" sub in a Q-logic box

Future:

Intrax 1.8" lowering springs (ready to go on)

KYB-GR2 shocks/struts

IMG_0078-1.jpg

Hi, I'm Andy and I'm a Convertaholic.

Have a 93 that is blue with a fresh dark blue canvas top just put on this past spring. Usual all leather interior (grey) along with the rear buckets.

All stock with the exception of Blazer driving lights in place of the fog lights.

Had it for about 5 years now, love it to death. Every year I dump some coin into it in the spring, next spring it will be struts all around along with a trailer hitch to pull a little bass boat that I'm picking up. She could use a paint job and a little body work also.

MyBabyatRas.jpg

yoooooooooo whatsup! this is scott, i gotta 92 red w/ white but soon to be black top.. I'm 17, got the car the day i got my license at 16. I live in carol stream... My dad bought my mom the car in 92 for sweetest day, and it ended up in my hands a year ago. My orignal plan with the beater was to save up and get a new car. When I first drove it for a week, it broke down. The battery went bad. within the past year i have had the following go bad...

Battery

Alternator

O2 Sensor

Catalytic Converter

Top leaks into trunk and onto all 4 seats

Fuel Pressure regulator

Spark Plugs (2 even broke in half)

Ignition Module

Air Temperature Sensor

and maybe more..

and heres the interesting part..

I then decided I needed some bass about 6 months ago, and ended up putting 2 10" diamond d1s in the trunk.. I am now lookin at...

Clarion Head unit

Soundstream TV that I fiberglassed in

3 12" diamond D1s

JL Audio VR4 rear 6.5s

20" rims

Red Underglow

Rear Bucket seats

Still a leaky top, dont worry, its next!!

Sooo... I no longer consider my car a beater... :lol:

hi my name is mike ,and i have a 94 black vert. It has a digital dash ,dic, rear buckets (for now) soon to get new paint and new leather trim, and when i find one a hud. This is my 3rd one since 1992 .

Hey, I'm Peter. Mine is a 1991 with under 89k miles, white with garnet red leather interior, 3.1/4t60, ABS, full digital instrumentation, automatic climate control, stock everything, even have the original window sticker. The top is black right now but if I ever get around to replacing it (it needs one) it will get a white one like it came from the factory with. It needs mostly minor cosmetics to look really sharp.

00458160.jpg

Hi, my name is Shawn.

I have a 94 triple black convertible that's my wife's daily driver, and has been for 4yrs. It came loaded with leather bucket seats and auto climate control. I've replaced the non-functional factory CD player with a Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP and Sony XE8 EQ to provide a little eye candy and fill the excess space. I added factory HUD and DIC. Mine is the only 94 3.4 DOHC Cutlass anywhere (I think) with a fully functional DIC, including all the fuel econ functions, and it's spot-on accurate, unlike the factory one in my 89.

711554_17_full.jpg

More pics on Cardomain, although the info there is about a year out of date.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/711554

Hey all,

My name is Sean and I currently own 2 convertibles. The first of the two is mine. It is a 94 that started off life as a triple white 3.1 car. The previous owners were retired and kept it in florida to drive when they were there in the winters. I bought it 2 years ago with 62,000 miles and just rolled over 70k before I put it away for the winter. The car has never seen snow or salt and since I have had it has seen rain just a time or 2. Some of the modifications include a full custom air ride suspension, Chrome 18 (soon to be 20) inch rims, custom paint, custom interior, and one of the cleanest engine bays I have ever seen. The future of this car is still kind of up in the air as I can't decide what I want to do to it next. It may sit the way it is for a while so I can get another project vehicle on the road or I may go the rest of the way and finish every inch that is still untouched for the car. Someday though it will be done and when I call it done, it will have a 5 speed 3.1 turbo under the hood and a fully done interior and trunk.

My other Cutlass is technically my wife's car. It is a 95 fully loaded with the 3.4. Right now it is stock but stay tuned, it will be going under the knife shortly. It isn't in the best shape but I practically stole it for a mere $700.

While I only have the 2, my father-in-law also has a beautiful fully loaded 95 vert. It is painted a custom Caddy red that is just pure sex on the car. I have been trying to buy the car from him for 3 years now. Someday I will own it as well.

That is pretty much it for the verts, here are a few pics....

Image021.jpg

PHTO0138.jpg

DCFC0120.jpg

DCFC0105.jpg

DCFC0106.jpg

DCFC0115.jpg

see ya,

Sean

I love the ass on the white one! Where are the taillights, in the backup light area?

Beautiful ragtops.

Thanx man,

THe tail light bulbs are mounted in the reverse light bar.

Hi.

My name is Mike

I love my 94 Olds Conv.

Teil Green looks Metallic Blue under the street lights

Bucket seat in front and back

3.4 engines

Only drive it in good weather nothing under 60 degrees and sunny

Upgrades:

UB3

HUD

Chromed 5 spoked stock wheels

Future Upgrades:

DIC(sitting in my garage)

Would like to take out Pioneer radio that I bought with the car & replace it with a stock Delco CD player when I find one.

Still debating on polishing up aluminum parts under the hood.

Replace convertible top with a new one so that I don't get wet when it rains (yes I have the top up).

Would like to find a way for the convertable boot to fit right when the top is down.

Would like to find a way for the convertable boot to fit right when the top is down.

may the force be with you

Amen (mine would fit, 'cept one side of the top doesnt like to go all the way down, i think its folding up wrong on that side or something)

may the force be with you

Amen (mine would fit, 'cept one side of the top doesnt like to go all the way down, i think its folding up wrong on that side or something)

X432198312899843974r9783497868346534958694368936845963846593865.1 wow..... how does the boot actually go on anyways?? and also..... :showpics:

again, I would like to encourage each member to show us a picture of your ride.

if hosting is an issue, try photobucket.com. (p.s. not a sponsorship)

but don't clutter the thread with too many images, thanks!

My dad (Quad4Bob) has this Convertible

100_0402.jpg

100_0401.jpg

1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible

3.4 DOHC

41k miles

Leather/Quad Buckets

Auto Temp/Steering Wheel Controls

High-Line Tape Deck, etc...

This thing has pretty much every available option other than CD and HUD. It looks almost showroom new!!!

Hope you guys enjoy

Yeah, we found if you leave it out in the sun long enough, you can get the boot to fit really well. I had just put the boot on when i took those pics. I love this car...It looks soooooo gorgeous in the sun. And the city cops always follow me around when i'm driving it. Too bad I get to replace the turn signal switch on it over chirstmas break. :-(

Hello.

My name is Jason.

I own a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible.

It has it's blemishes here and there, such as the paint fadding on the hood, and the rear window is separated from the soft top. Other than that, this is the best car that I have ever owned, and would never trade it in for something else. As of right now, it is completely stock, but some major upgrades and fixes are soon to follow. Thanks. :) More pictures to come soon!!!

000_2009.jpg

So...I've joined the club. I'm the new owner of a 1993 Cutlass Convertible, white on white on burgundy leather, 3.1, Florida car.

Mechanically it is very sound with all new rotors, pads and calipers. As well as all new KYB struts and a rebuilt transmission.

Just needs some cosmetic work to be a real nice car.

Pics tomorrow....weather pending.